chapter 6

Recap
**
I huffed as I opened the front door, my bike was right outside the garage so I went to it. 

“Where are we going”, Naomi asked. 

“You’re about to meet my second protector or whatever”, I told her with a grin. “OH, REALLY WHAT’S HER SPECIES”, Naomi asked excitedly. 

“Werewolf, I think”, I responded as I started biking down the driveway. 

“Oh, she’s a shifter, I’m sure we’ll be best friends”, Naomi gushed. She talked all the way there, but as soon as we arrived. I shrugged at her sudden silence and got off my bike, my legs felt so weak.

I started walking towards Emily’s house but I turned around when I saw that Naomi wasn’t moving from where I left the bike. 

“What’s wrong with you”, I asked.

“WHAT IF SHE DOESN’T LIKE ME AND THINKS I AM ANNOYING”, She stressed.

“Aw come on she’s not like that plus she can’t even hear you”, I told her. That seemed to work as she appeared next to me. 

I knocked on the door and immediately it was opened. I screamed as Paul threw me over his shoulder. 

“I FOUND THE FOOTBALL”, He yelled, throwing me into Jared’s arms. 
**
“Hey, hey I’m here on important business”, I laughed. “What could be more important than us”, Paul said feigning offense.

“Oh don’t be a big baby Paul”, Jared said in a baby voice. Paul glared, “You wanna go”.

“I would love to go out with you sometime my dear”, Jared said, angering Paul further. I wiggled out Jared's grip. He didn’t even notice when I walked out the room in a search for Leah. 

“Selene”, I whipped around, smiling as I saw Leah standing behind. “What are you doing here?”, She asked.

“I had to tell you about what EVERYTHING that happened today, because my parents don’t believe me”, I pouted. 

“Alrighty then”, Leah said as we left the house full of noisy shifters and walked towards the ocean. 

“Ok ok, so I met this lady named Naomi and she said she was my human protector before she died. But then we figured out that nobody could see or hear her except for me! And then before I met her I was led into the woods by some evil pixie’s. BUT Naomi saved me and then she led me somewhere else and I met this girl named Nyx and we became best friends. She told me she was a fae, and then went to tell Mommy and Daddy and mom got sad because she thought I was lying to her about Naomi but I wasn't. “, I ranted.

Leah stared at me processing all the information, “So how did you end up here”.

“Oh yeah, I ran away from home”, I shrugged.

“WHAT”, Leah said, shooting up from the log she was sitting on. “WHY”.

“Because they didn’t believe me and I wasn’t going to sit there while they talked about me behind my back about me being CRAZY”, I told her. 

“Yeah but you could have been hurt”, She said seriously. 

“Didn’t I tell you I have a ghost protector”, I teased. “What was her name”, Leah asked again.

“Naomi, and she’s right here but like you know you can’t see her”, I said trailing off. Leah nodded in understanding before looking off at the sea. 

“I still think you should at least have told your parents you were coming here, they must be worried”, 

“That’s the whole point”, I said in a duh tone.