9: Investigations Call for No Breaks, While Sherlock Calls for Attention

We arrived at the hospital late that night, and I'm pretty sure I was unconcious the entire time after they got me into one of those hospital beds. It was pretty humiliating, but I needed it. Honestly, I did.

The next morning the room was busling with doctors--John included--along with Savanna, who, I thought would be gone by now, investigating the case. That must have been what Sherlock was doing, as he was not present. I considered asking about it, but decided it was best not to in case something bad had happened. John was fixing some kind of stabilizer next to my bed, and I stopped him, grabbing his arm.

"John..." At this point I was half joking, half not joking. I had bloody poison in my system! From what, I still didn't know, but I needed to be sure that--"if I don't make it out of this, make sure...no, you promise me that Sherlock is gonna keep Savanna busy--" A look of confusion crossed his face, but his eyes glittered amusedly. What amused him so, was a mystery to me, but I let it go when Savanna cut in, her usual snarky and sarcastic tone lacing her words delicately.

"Awww..." She drew her hands together and locked them together by intertwining her fingers. She pretended to be moved by my words. "even in what could be her final moments she still thinks about me."

"Shut up." I glared at her with my blue eyes. "I'm just making sure you don't go insane and on some sort of killing spree without me."

"Like I wouldn't do that if you live through this," she muttered. Niether one of us murdered. We both knew that, but right now, we were totally messing with John. He had paused, evesdropping on our conversation. I could sense his tention just by looking at his shoulders and how they had gone from his casual and relaxed postion, to his current, alert posture.

"Sherlock would probably come with me if I had good intentions..." Savanna spaced, looking at a vase of flowers that had seeminly appeared out of nowhere since last night. I followed her gaze, but looked back at her after that got boring.

Sherlock burst into the room. "Savanna we're going."

All three of us--Savanna, John and I--glanced up at Sherlock, quizical looks etched on out faces. Savanna turned to fully face him, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow. "Excuse me?"

"And why am I not invited?" John asked, his sassy attitude filling his voice. Sherlock pulled up along side of Savanna and turned to stare at John.

"Someone needs to stay with Ms. Louis--" I glared him down.

"Don't make me out like one of you're bloody clients..."

"Alright, alright...fine..." He seemed agitated, but continued as if nothing had happened. "Anthoni..." He glanced at me for my approval, then continued after a nod of confirmation. "needs you, plus, Ms. Jackson is wanted," his face lit up. "We should be able to get more attention if I just bring you along."

I groan. "Hate to say it, Sav, but he's right..." I shrug. "Besides your detective skills are better suited elsewhere. Sherlock nodded and smiled cheekily as Savanna looked at the three of us, confused.

"Right, so, let me get this straight: You want a wanted criminal to tag along on a police investigated case at a restaurant just down the street from the station, and your bloody partner to stick around here with my nemesis?" Sherlock nodded again, that same signature "I'm-getting-exactly-what-I-want-and-there's-nothing-you-can-do-to-stop-it" expression of his, plastered onto his face. Savanna grew irritated. "You're bloody insane if you think I'm coming along with you...I mean," she turned to John. "You saw the bloody news cast!"

"I can't be that insane, becuase I know for a fact that you'll come with me," Sherlock glanced at Savanna. "I don't even have to force you...you want to come."