Chapter 11: "The Knights Templar"

For once, it was going to be a quiet night. The café's normal influx of customers was already gone, and what few remained were sitting by the windows, chatting idly while they finished the rest of their meals. They took their time, but he did not mind. This store was not known for its popularity or brand, but still retained its share of loyal patrons. The owners, an old but still vibrant couple, had made it clear that customers could stay as long as they wanted, even past closing hours should they choose. It was something they took pride in, running a shop that was known for its hospitality. They reminded him somewhat of Bunkichi and Mitsuko back in his world, a little more stern, but just as caring in their own gruff ways. It was the wife that hired him when he had come in seeking work, despite him not having any related experience. The old woman had given him the job as soon as she inquired about his living conditions and learned that he had been living alone. A few weeks later and the husband had given him a raise, cantankerously telling him it had been his wife's wish. But he had long grown used to observing humans, and from the way the man seemed extremely pleased when he thanked him suggested that it had been his idea all along.

So when they asked him to watch the shop after hours, he did not mind. The slow tempo work suited him and allowed him ample time to reminisce.

The bell ringing caused him to look up from his register. He frowned. Now was not an hour where new customers usually came in. The door to the café opened and a group of people stepped in. As soon as he saw their faces he knew his hopes for a quiet night was very much out of the question. They settled in one of the corner booths and waited expectantly. A few of them flashed him smiles from their seats.

He thought of pretending they didn't exist but deemed that it would be too childish. Which left him only one other option. He sighed, picked up the sheaf of papers he used to jot down orders and made his way slowly towards their table.

He decided against asking how they found out he worked here. From the way one of them was already beaming at him, he figured he knew the answer anyways. So he settled for another question instead.

Minato: "Why are you here?"

In response, the boy grinned to his compatriots.

Issei"I told you he would be here"

Issei triumphantly said and then turned to him, his face serious

Issei:  "Lower your voice, Arisato-san, we're on a secret mission."

He looked at the smiling face of Asia, then at the equally serious Koneko, at the rather sheepish Kiba, and finally at the two figures clad in white cloaks that made them stick out like sore thumbs among the shop's remaining patrons. He looked back to Issei who had lost some of his initial bluster and raised an eyebrow.

Minato: "It might not be a secret anymore"

His lips twitched. He was about to make a comment about that when one of the figures, the one with short blue hair, cut him off.

 He was about to make a comment about that when one of the figures, the one with short blue hair, cut him off