mai scoffed. "oh please keiji. we both know whatever you have going on with haiba-san is just temporary. it's always been you and me."

"i'm not breaking up with her, i really like her. just, leave me alone for now, please." and with that akaashi walked off, hoping to find you since he hadn't seen you this whole lunch period.

"you'll come to your senses keiji, i'll be here waiting," mai blew him a kiss and walked off in the other direction to where her friend was standing.

when akaashi said 'i really like her' you didn't get your hopes up, you had just thought it was because he was trying to convince mai that the relationship was real. but the thought still lingered in your mind, even after momo had finally bought her melonpan and you had gotten a bag of honey butter chips.

akaashi actually meant what he said to mai, he did really like you. the good thing was, he could express it and you wouldn't be suspicious. simply a part of the act. he still hadn't found you so he pulled out his phone to text you.

akaashi:
i haven't seen you all of lunch, where'd you go?

akaashi got a response two minutes later.

blossom🌸:
i'm in the gym
momo asked me to help her rehearse her dance number for this competition she has on friday :)
why what's up?

akaashi:
just wanted to ask you something
i'll ask you at practice

blossom🌸:
okay, see you at practice <3

it was a small act, but that heart at the end of your text stayed on akaashi's mind for the rest of the day.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

practice had ended and akaashi was walking you back home, luckily for you, it was kaori's turn to do the final walkthrough and locking of the gym meaning you'd get home an hour earlier.

"so what was this question you had to ask me" you asked, taking a sip of your banana milk you bought before you left the school grounds.

"would you be open to possibly meeting my parents this saturday at 7? i just told them about you and they want to see you again but as my 'girlfriend'. only if you're comfortable with it." akaashi said, scratching the back of his neck.

"yeah, that'd be nice. anything i should be prepared for or bring?"

"nope, just be you. they'll love you." akaashi grabbed your spare hand and continued walking you home, a comfortable silence in the air around you two.

"well, i'll see you tomorrow. sorry i missed you at lunch today, i'll make it up to you at lunch." you hastily kissed akaashi's cheek and entered your house. now he had another thing on his mind caused by you.

a kiss on the cheek and the little heart you ended your text with. he kind of liked this feeling you gave him, it was new and exciting.

you on the other hand, it only scared you, this feeling you had whenever you were around akaashi. it was only temporary, after you two 'broke up' you could go back to normal. like you two never happened.

which is why you were scared. after it's over, it's just over. there'd be no reason for you and akaashi to even interact with each other.

saturday:

you woke up at around one in the afternoon. after momo's competition, you took her out to celebrate her first place win and you two didn't come back until ten at night. momo slept over at your place that night.