IV - the witch in the attic

SUNLIGHT KISSED JUDAS MIKAELSON'S OLIVE SKIN AND TURNED HIS MICSCHIEVIOIS BLUE-GREEN EYES TO A SMOLDERING AMBER

Under the warmth, Sirius and Judas stood side by side, staring up at the church.

It was no surprise they were at the cemetery. Again. After failing to draw out whoever or whatever was in there, Judas and Sirius returned with a renewed sense of determination.

"Ready for attempt 18?"

Sirius' butt wagged, his tail hitting Judas' calves.

"If I fall and break my neck, make sure I look good, okay?" Judas said as he rubbed his hands together. The dog looked up and twitched his nose.

"What? The paramedics might be cute."

Judas bounced on the balls of his feet. The stunt he was attempting today was something he had never tried before but, he reasoned, it could probably work if he put his mind to it. Sheer willpower and a little bit of skill could take you a long way; he learned that much half-assing his essays in high school.

Today, Judas Mikaelson was going to fly.

How?

With magic, of course.

More specifically, Judas was going to use telekinesis to propel himself upward. He had seen Bonnie use it to move objects to her across the room.

I mean, using telekinesis to move your body can't be that much of a stretch...right? 

"Guess we'll find out," Judas mumbled to himself. "Wish me luck, Sirius."

He closed his eyes and concentrated, willing his blood infused with mystical properties and (unfortunately) Esther's genes to flow freely. Slowly, Judas released his fingers and waved them at the ground.

C'mon. C'mon.

At first, it felt like nothing....

....then it felt like everything all at once.

Judas felt his stomach do summersaults as his center of gravity changed. Fluttering his eyes open, the young tribrid held in his breath as he saw Sirius form turn into a small dot. His heart slowed a little and the magic fortified, pushing him higher and higher; Judas' body continued levitating beyond the church window. Haphazardly, the young man stuck his hands out and gripped the roof, tumbling onto it with a grunt.

"Sirius!" He poked his head out from the ledge. "I can fly!"

The dog barked.