III - confessions at midnight

JUDAS COULDN'T KEEP HIS MIND OFF THE CEMETERY AND THE PECULIAR CHURCH

There was something about the atmosphere that enthralled him. Whether it was the trees whose branches wove into each other until there was a canopy of leaves over your head, the slight breeze that was magical in an eerie sense, or even the enchanting red brick building standing tall against the darkness, Judas was captivated. He had fallen for it — hook, line, and sinker.

I have a crush on architecture, he thought in disgust.

Not architecture, his consciousness piped up, but the dark eyes behind the church windows.

Judas scratched his head and furrowed his eyebrows. Could there really be a person hiding out there?

It had been three days since he got lost in the cemetery with Sirius. In that time span, Elijah had jumped town because he missed Mystic Falls — according to Klaus. His paternal aunt Rebekah was now in New Orleans, leaving an obvious path of destruction and blood to the mansion they were staying in. Wolf-girl was unfortunately still alive and kicking, including the monster fetus in her stomach.

"Chad?" A girl whispered, fluttering her eyes open. She propped her head on her hands, sleepily looking at Judas who was staring at the city through an opening in the curtains. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing, baby. Go back to sleep." Judas flashed her a quick smile, making a one-syllable snort at his fake name. He didn't need to give it to her but pretending to be someone else was slowly turning into his favorite hobby.

It was a lot better than being Judas Mikaelson that's for sure.

"Don't forget to dream about me," He whispered.

She giggled and snuggled into the duvet. Soon her even breaths and soft snores filled the room. Judas himself was achingly desperate for sleep but...

...those mahogany eyes.

Suddenly, he was at the door, haphazardly throwing his shirt on while shoving his shoes on. He wanted — no, needed — to go back to the church.

He would find the owner of those eyes if it was the last thing he did.

———— Δ ————

Haley Marshall wished this would all be over. And it could be if she finally decided to drink the wolfsbane potion in the styrofoam cup nestled in her hands.

"Come on, Hayley. One upset stomach and all this stupid drama is ancient history," She mumbled, lifting the cup toward her mouth and closing her eyes.