Chapter 28

Slightly chilly winds blew , resulting in Shehnaaz shoving her face more into Sidharth's chest as his arms wrapped around her even in sleep.

"Sidharth" She mumbled still slightly asleep.

"Hmm"

"Is it morning yet?" She asked not opening her eyes even a little.

"Huh?" he asked opening his eyes to her completely engulfed in his embrace. Her nails dig into his waist as she adjusted her arms around him. She was so petite compared to him. Her face came up to his chest. He loved how comfortable she was around him and how beautifully she had never let that comfort let him take advantage of her , not that he would have ever thought of doing that , never , but he still loved how protective and wise she was when it came to her own self. She did not need anyone else to be there to protect her , she was vigilant of her surroundings always. Just like right now , her dupatta covered her deep plunging neckline even when she was asleep. Obviously they had been close to each other before , they had crossed the line before , they had made out before , but to be each other's completely in physical senses it needed time and he was ready to give her that despite the strong urge to explore her body in him.

"Shehnaaz?" he caressed her back softly sending shivers down her spine.

"Hmm"

"It's not morning yet..lekin we have to go home. 3 baj rahe hai" he sighed. They had fallen asleep in each other's arms on the couch after talking for a little while. They had been here for almost three hours his mind calculated because he had proposed to her at exact twelve.

He picked his phone up from the little table in front of the couch. He was shocked to see around 5 missed calls from Adith and a series of texts from him along with a text from Sarthak.

"Back door is open..wahi se aana..Shehbaaz told everyone that Shehnaaz is asleep and that you have gone out with Aryaman for some work. Aryaman will come back early tomorrow, so wake up early please and act like you have come home with him. I hope everything went well...we cannot wait to here the story😉😉"

The message from Sarthak read. He then went on to check what had troubled Adith so much.

"Bro..We need to talk..pick up your phone pls"

"kahan mar gaya hai besharam?"

"I cannot do this on text..omg"

"Uthale yaar phone bc"

"Okay..I cannot sleep without telling you this and so text par hi sunle..MANNAT IS ONE OF THE NEW LEADS OF YOUR WEB SERIES"

He felt his throat choke , his mind was in a haze even before he could process the new information. Not again. Not on the night he had confessed his feelings to Shehnaaz. This is how it had started before , they had met on a fucking T.V show. But this web series? It was special. It was his first show with Shehnaaz. Why was she back after leaving him behind? Did she know she was going to work with him? Was she okay working with him? His face had turned pale and he felt like puking. What was he even thinking? That he will be all happy and positive in life , move ahead and life will let that happen? What about Shehnaaz? How will she react to this? So many questions and not a single one he had an answer to. An involuntary groan left his mouth as he switched his phone off making Shehnaaz lift her head up from his chest and look at him. He looked , pale and frustrated.

"Sidharth" she whispered but he was too lost in his thoughts to register.

'Sidharth..tu theek hai?" she shook him slightly.

"Huh? Haan haan mai theek hu , chal we need to leave , we need to go back" He said getting up urgently.

"Kya hua sab theek hai?" she pushed.