Chapter 1 - Last Day

Gabi was walking out of the classroom to meet up with her friends for the first day of summer. She spotted her friends, Bill Denbrough, Eddie Kaspbrak and Richie Toizer, having a conversation while walking down the hallway. "So, there's this church full of Jews, right? And Stan has to do this test.", Eddie started explaining to Bill and Richie. "But how's it work?", Bill asked. "Hey, what's going on boys?", Gabi said from behind. The three boys looked behind them and saw Gabi before they all started walking together. "Oh, hey Gabi. Eddie was just about to tell us about some sort of Jewy test that Stan has to take for his bar mitzvah.", Bill explained. "Then, what does he have to do?", she asked. "They slice the tip of his dick off.", Eddie shrugged. "But then Stan will have nothing left!", Richie exclaimed, making Gabi giggle a bit. Soon after that remark, Stanley Uris jogged up behind the four friends and slipped himself in. "That's true.", Eddie replied as he was readjusting his backpack. "Hey, Stan. What happens at the bar mitzvah, anyways? Ed says they slice the tip of your dick off.", Gabi asked. "Yeah, and I think the rabbi's gonna pull down your pants, turn to the crowd and say 'Where's the beef?'", Richie commented. The five of them laughed at the remark as Stanley answered, "At the bar mitzvah, I read from the Torah, and then I make a speech and suddenly, I become a man." Gabi just arched an eyebrow. "I could think of funner ways of becoming a man.", Richie said. "'More fun', you mean.", Stanley corrected. Suddenly the five kids walked past a group of older boys standing in the hallway. They were the most notorious group of bullies every school has. All led by the one person who would make sure to make their lives hell. Henry Bowers. "Oh shit.", Richie muttered. "Think they'll sign my yearbook? 'Dear Richie, sorry for taking a hot steaming dump in your backpack last March. Have a good summer.'" The group laughed again before heading over to the trash bins and emptying all the contents inside. "Best feeling ever.", Stanley said, most likely reading everyone's mind. "Yeah? Try tickling your pickle for the first time.", Richie said to the group, causing Gabi to make a face at him. "Ok, didn't need to know that, but thanks.", she grimaced. "Hey, what do you guys want to do tomorrow?", Eddie asked. "I'm starting my training.", Richie replied. "Wait, what training?" "Street Fighter." "Is that how you want to spend your summer? Inside of an arcade?" "Beats spending it inside of your mother. Ohhh!", Richie raised his hand for a high-five, while Gabi put it'll it down. "What if we went to the quarry?", she suggested. "Guys, we have the barrens.", Bill spoke up. Gabi looked at him with pity. Ever since Bill's little brother, Georgie, disappeared, he had been hooked on the fact that he was still alive. "Right.", Gabi nodded. "Betty Ripsom's mom.", Eddie said suddenly, which caused the group to look in front of the school where a woman was standing near a police officer. "Is she really expecting to see her come out of that school?", Stanley asked quietly. "I don't know. As if Betty Ripsom's been hiding in Home Ec. for the last few weeks", Gabi joked, trying to lighten the mood. "You think they'll find her?" "Sure. In a ditch. All decomposed, covered in worms and maggots. Smelling like Eddie's mom's underwear.", Richie replied. "Shut up! That's freaking disgusting.", Eddie cringed while Bill looked at Richie with a far-away look in his eyes. "She's not dead. She's m-m-missing.", Bill said with his usual stutter. "Sorry, Bill. She's missing.", Richie smiled sarcastically. "You know barrens aren't that bad. Who doesn't love splashing around in shitty water?" Though soon after, the group of bullies walked up to them from behind the group before Henry pushes Richie into Stanley, causing both of them to fall to the ground. Stanley's hat falls in the process as one of Henry's crew mates picks it up. "Nice frisbee, flamer.", he taunts. "Give it back!", Stanley yells from the floor as the crew mate throws the hat into the window of a passing school bus. "Fucking losers!", he taunted again before one of his fellow members burped in Eddie's face and Henry purposely bumped into Bill on his way past. "Hey! Leave them alone, you fuckers!", Gabi yelled as Henry went up to her with a sexual look in his eyes. "Yeah? And what are you gonna do about it, you little Latina? Give me a lecture in Spanish?", Henry teased just before Gabi punched him hard in the stomach, making him flinch. "One day, you're gonna pick a fight with the wrong person, Reyes. You should leave Derry while you or your friends still have the chance.", Henry threatened while still holding his stomach. "Y-you s-suck Bowers!", Bill stuttered angrily at the group. "Shut up, Bill.", Eddie snapped quietly, knowing it's not the best idea to pick a fight with him. "You s-s-s-say something Bi-Bi-Bi-Billy? You got a free ride this year 'cause of your brother. Ride's over, Denbrough.", Henry mocked as he approached Bill, but stopped when he noticed his father. "This summer's gonna be a hurt train for you and your faggot friends.", he finished after a few moments, licking his hand and rubbing his saliva on Bill's cheek. He began walking off towards his friend's car, as Gabi let out a sigh of relief that he was gone. "I wish he'd go missing.", Richie complained as he and Stanley stood up and went to the rest of the group. "He's probably the one doing it.", Gabi replied back with the annoyance as the group walked over to their bikes.