➨ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘵

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

S U M M A R Y

y/n tries to get sapnap

the best bday present

(sapnap and y/n both are

19 in this!)

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

M E N T I O N S

sapnap and y/n

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

W O R D C O U N T

891 (approx)

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

P R O N O U N S

she/her (i believe)

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

T R I G G E R S

pools, being thrown into

one, cursing, knives

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

P R O O F R E A D

sort of / minor changes

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

|❝y/n's pov❞|

it was sapnap's birthday soon. sapnap is my best friend. he was actually my first friend when i moved to texas, but we may talk about that later.

anywho, his's birthday is soon, and i mean soon, i mean it's in about a week, and i have no clue what to get him. usually, he wouldnt care if i even got him anything for his birthday, but this year is different. it doesn't mean that he doesn't care if i got him anything or not, but we started doing a competition in which we try to get each other the best gift, (basically who gives the better gift which is decided after both birthdays.)

this year, his birthday seemed to come around quicker, and i just couldn't figure out what to get him.

you may be wondering, well what did he give you for your birthday?

well uh,

he got me a new phone.

but not because he wanted to, but because he basically destroyed mine.

and he quote on quote, said it was better than what i was going to get him anyways.

well, here's the story of how he destroyed my phone,

before, we start, just know that it was around three weeks before my birthday.

|❝starting flashback❞|

"sapnap! let. me. go." i said while squirming as sapnap was walking closer and closer to the pool.

"nuh-uh, we agreed that we would go swimming and you are getting into this pool one way or another"

"i'm not! going swimming!! not in these clothes!" you honestly wanted to go swimming, but genuinely not in these clothes, like this man had just picked me up and started walking towards the pool.

"yes you are" his grip on you tighten a little bit, which made you groan as you were close to escaping his grasp.

"sapnap, don't you-"

you were cut off as you were thrown into the pool, with all you can hear is the echo of sapnap maniacally laughing because the water was already deep inside your ears, making it hard to hear.

when you swam up, mind you, you were still in the pool, you gave him the look that screamed of "i am going to murder you."

he sighed.

you then fixed your now sopping wet hair, and you said, "dare." you know, since you had been cut off.

sapnap helped you out of the pool when you realized something seemed off.

your phone.

it was in your pocket when he picked you up and tossed you over his shoulder.

"SHIT"

you honestly didn't really care about your phone, it was old and the quality sucked. however, you couldn't afford a new phone, so you had learned to live with it.

"what??" sapnap asked, a taunting tone lacing his response.

"my phone! you nimrod, it was in my pocket"

"it's no big deal y/n, your phone sucked anyways."

|❝end of flashback | y/n's pov❞|

so, yeah. that's how i got a new phone from him.

he still apologizes, but honestly, i don't care as much anymore. i now have a better phone, and i can actually use it without it crashing.

anyways, i need to get back on track. i still can't figure out what to get him for his birthday.

new pc parts, his favorite snacks..

that sounds like a good start, but it doesn't seem right. it doesn't seem complete.

you wanted to give up, even lose the competition at this point.

you wanted to ask him, just so you can make him happy with a birthday gift you knew he would enjoy.

although there is a memory that plays every once in a while,

it happened a couple of months ago when you were trying to hint that his birthday was coming up and that you wanted to know what he wanted. it was a simple way of "cheating," but then you could win the competition and get him what he wanted.

he had seen this butterfly knife, and he wanted it. you had to stop him from buying it because you definitely didn't trust him with a knife and you didn't want him to spend that much of it either. hell, you didn't even trust him with a butter knife, much less a butterfly knife. you chuckled, remembering your exact words.

|❝starting memory❞|

"i am NOT buying you a knife for your birthday sapnap!"

"but y/n," he said while dragging out the "t" in the word but

"it's pretty! just look at it y/n!!"

"no sapnap. you aren't buying it, and i am definitely not buying it. i don't trust you to even butter your toast with a BUTTER knife. maybe i'll get it for you in a couple of years."

|❝end of memory❞|

moving on from the memories you sadly share with the man.

you never thought of something other than new pc parts, snacks, and a plane ticket to see his friend george.

but..

what he doesn't know,

is you now have a birthday present for his 22nd or 23rd birthday.

and, it is a pretty knife by the way.

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒,

don't forget, i take requests!! plus, it helps if you vote or comment:D

and last, but not least. happy early birthday, sapnap :)