28|| 𝙔𝙀𝘼𝙃 𝙄𝘿𝙀𝙆

Start from the beginning

Charlie bites his lip a bit, cocking his head to the side slightly. His eyes reflect something - a wistful glimmer? I have little time to ponder as the attention in the room is shifted onto me, I suppose whatever Charlie has on his mind will remain a secret.

"Not really." A vague response dug out of an even vaguer mind.

This isn't particularly true, I do see Cooper, yes. But I don't voluntarily interact with him when I could be doing better things.

Charlie shakes his head after a few moments longer of hesitation "Mmhh,, noo.. I haven't. I can only hope hes doing well, though.."

Ted bursts in laughter. Charlie looks embarrassed "Man, you've got to miss him a little!"

"No? God, he was always fucking annoying." Ted shakes his head.

"We've known him for our entire lives! That must've meant something to you, surely!"

I assume I'm not supposed to be included in this fight because, really, I only knew Cooper for a short period of time.

"Nope." Smoke cascades out of Teds mouth as he speaks. Very calm, he is. Charlies shoulders sag a bit.

"Darn." He huffs childishly "Well, I miss him anyway."

"You would." Ted laughs again.

Charlie rolls his eyes "I think you should have atleast a little sympathy. I mean, Cooper and I were besties." He giggles lighthearted, but I can tell he's only half joking.

"Yeah, then he turned out to be something he hated the most - a homosexual." Ted says gravely.

"Yeah, thats kinda funny, isn't it? I mean, he was sososo mean to Wilbur about being a GAy and realized HE was the homosexual all along! Surely you think THATS kinda sad, eh?"

I decide its appropriate to chime in "He never did deny it when I asked if he had the hots for Wilbur."

Charlie points at me and nods, meeting Teds gaze as if we just made a mind blowing point. Ted just scoffs lightly and takes a puff of the blunt again.

Charlie suddenly shifts excitedly "-OH! I forgot to ask, how are you and Wilbur?!"

Wilbur and I? Good. Great, I would even consider. My sinful acts have been forgotten and replaced by our usual routine - minus Wilburs family. Wilburs family doesn't like me very much, I've concluded. Dave doesn't want anything to do with me anymore, much is mildly upsetting since I really did like him. Tommys still on a sort of strike from talking to me, and Phil seems,, indifferent. I can't say it doesn't hurt a little--

Things will get better.

Things get better.

"Living the dream."

I miss my old school, less drama. Well- no, more drama, actually. But that drama was fun. Becca and I ended up being friends, anyway!

"Mmmhm!, Yeah! I thought so, you guys seem really cute." Charlie hums, half distracted by his light up shoes. He hits them against the old dark-oak floorboard and smiles when they glow.