Chapter one

Our story begins a week after Harlan Thrombey's demise....

Nancy's POV
I was awakened by the sound of my mom gasping. I look up at her, she was panting and trembling.
"Mommy?" I ask quietly. I've been sleeping in my mom's bed for the past week since Harlan's death. I was in my favorite pajamas, white PJ's with small, red hearts on them. (Author's note: here's what her PJ's look like)

 (Author's note: here's what her PJ's look like)

My mom looks down at me, concerned. And she suddenly wraps me into a tight embrace, which I gladly returned.

"I'm fine, Nancy. Sorry I woke you up. I was just thinking about 'him' again." My mom tells me quietly. "That's okay, Mommy. I miss him too." I reply just as quietly.

We soon get out of bed and go to the kitchen to eat breakfast. I was sitting at the table between my grandmother and mom, eating cereal. And my Aunt Alice was watching a movie on her laptop. I'm not sure what she was watching because I was kind of lost in my thoughts. I was thinking about Harlan and what happened the night he killed himself. I can't believe he killed himself! He was like a grandfather to me. I miss him so much. I was also thinking about what I heard that night.... But I was pulled out of my thoughts when I hear my grandma yelling at Aunt Alice to turn off the movie she was watching, saying it was talking about murder. And that mom and I just had a friend we loved kill himself and that we didn't need to be hearing stuff like that right now!

"Let's be sensitive!" Grandma finishes. My frown deepens as I look down sadly into my cereal bowl. Grandma puts her hand on my shoulder for comfort and I give her a sad smile in return.

"Alice, you can keep watching your show. It's fine." Mom says to Aunt Alice, after she turned off her laptop.

"No, I guessed who did it anyway." Aunt Alice replies, as she walks over to us.

"It's okay, Aunt Alice. I wasn't listening to it anyway." I say reassuringly to her.

"No, it's okay. I'm sorry, Marta. *hugs mom* I'm sorry, Nancy. *hugs me as well*

"It's okay." I reply. I then hear my mom's phone ring. And she looks to see who it is.

"Who is it, Mommy?" I ask her.

"It's Walt, Harlan's son." She replies, before standing up and turning away to answer it. I watch as mom was talking to Walt on the phone. Until she hangs up and turns towards me. Her face expression is telling me she is confused, shocked, worried and concerned.

"What is it, Mommy?" I ask concerned.

"Nancy, you better get dressed. Walt says he wants us to come down to the mansion early. Saying the police have a few more questions for us." She replies.

"What?" I ask confused. We already had the police question us about Harlan's death. Why are we doing it again?

(Time skip)
I was in my car seat in the back of my mom's car as we drive down to the Thrombey's mansion. I was wearing my fall clothes, a navy blue dress-coat, navy blue gloves and some leggings with my black shoes. And I was also wearing some white ear-muffs. (Author's note: her dress-coat looks like this)