The Girl Who Lived

--------->THE GIRL WHO LIVED, HAZELOTTE JAMES POTTER<---------

✦✦✦

31st October 1981

It was one of the darkest nights in Godric's Hollow. The festival lights lit up the streets, making them look enchanting on Halloween night. Children dressed in their Halloween costume knocking houses in their neighborhood asking for sweets.

All the families around were enjoying the annual festival of Halloween. However, there was one family, the Potter Family hiding from you know who.

Despite the threat that was hovering over them, James Potter was determined to make Halloween best for his little princess, Hazelnut. And he did, indeed using magic.

The family spends their whole day playing hide and seek, jumping into a mixture of piles of crisp golden leaves and muddy puddles made inside the cozy cottage. They enjoyed their last moments unaware of the fact that their end was waiting around the corner.

It was a busy, and tiring day for everyone. Consequently, everyone including the muggles and the Potters called night. Lily was upstairs while James was on his way to his princess room when the gate creak opened. He looks out of the window thinking that it was his friend.

But outside stood...the Dark Lord himself.. who was slowly and steady, like a dementor dressed fully black, was gliding towards the door, towards them, towards Hazelotte Potter.

James stood there paralyzed, shocked, angered by the betrayal of his friend.

"Lily go. It's Him. Take her and run. I'll hold him off." He screamed.

Tears started to roll down Lily's cheeks as she nodded knowing that she won't be able to see James ever again.

"I love you." She mouths and sprints towards her daughter's room and shuts the door. Thinking of ways to escape, she gets a glimpse of a green unmistakable light of Avada Kedavra.

He's dead.

Her first love was dead.

Within another mere second, the Dark Lord invades the room to finish the work for which he was here tonight.

She begged to spare her daughter's life.

He was here for Hazelotte James Potter,  determined to end her life tonight.

"Not Hazel please not Hazel"

"Stand aside, you silly girl, stand aside now!" He screamed while she begged for mercy.

"Take me, kill me instead! Not Hazel! Please, have mercy, have mercy."

"Avada Kedavra!" He yelled for the second time and a green light flashes across. She could have been spared but she was saving her child, her daughter.

The Dark Lord walks past the lifeless body of a mother towards the crying baby girl and without a single thought, he shouts, "Avada Kedavra!" for the third time tonight.

But it's said, life is unexpected. Anything can happen anywhere.

Miraculously instead of killing her, the spell rebounds from her leaving a lighting mark on her forehead, and strikes the caster himself making him scream and shattering his soul. The green rays spread around the room like an exploding bomb destroying everything except Hazel.