1

"Akira, come with me," Ryo yells from the top of the dock down at his small black-haired friend. He reaches his hand down towards Akira.

"Ryo?" Akira says with a large smile on his face. He was very excited and happy to see his childhood friend, but he was also confused as to why he was here.

"Yes, it's me, Ryo," Ryo shouted.

Akira came running up the steps of the dock. He couldn't wait to hold his blonde-haired friend again.

"Hey!" Someone at the bottom of the dock shouted.

As Ryo held Akira in his embrace, he looked down to see who was yelling at him.

"Who the hell do you think you are? We weren't finished talking to that kid."

Ryo just stared at the three men down on the dock.

"Will you shut up? No one is talking to you." Ryo pulled out his gun from under his large white coat and began shooting the dock in front of the boys.

The gunshots frightened the boys causing them to stumble backward. 

Ryo grabbed Akira's hand and pulled him away from the dock.

Ryo led Akira to a fancy white car.

"Wow," Akira said as he walked around the car admiring it.

"Come on Akira, get in. We need to get going." Ryo opened the passenger door as Akira slipped inside.

"What's the rush? You just got back, you should enjoy your time." Akira fastened his seatbelt.

Ryo closed the passenger door and walked around the front of the car. Opening the driver seat door, he climbed in. Shutting the door behind him, he said, "I need to go find y/n. That's the rush. Now I need you to tell me where she is."

Akira looked at Ryo with suspicion written all over his face.

"What are you up to?" Akira squinted his eyes at Ryo.

Ryo sighed. "Look Akira, I will explain everything on the ride. Right now I just need you to tell me where y/n is."

"You promise?" Akira said, still wary.

A small smile appeared on Ryo's face. "I promise."

"Ok then, y/n should still be at school. She stays after for extra help." Akira chuckled.

Ryo started the car and drove off, in the direction of the high school.

"Ok, now tell me what's going on."

"The thing is..." Ryo told Akira the things he learned while he was away, and he explained why he was back home.

In no time, they had arrived in front of the high school Akira and y/n attended.

Y/N'S POV

"Ugh." You groan as you walk out the front door of the school building.

You begin to stretch when something large and shiny catches your attention.

You turn in the direction of the object, to see a large fancy white car coming to a halt, not too far from you.

You had never seen this car before. It was very fancy and looked very expensive. You knew that non of the teachers in the school could afford something like that.

But, you paid it no mind. You just continued to walk in the direction of your apartment. You walked past the white car, minding your own business.

"Hey! Y/n!" Someone shouted. You turn around to see Akira with his head sticking out the window of the white car, waving to you.

You walked over to the car.

Akira stepped out of the car and motioned for you to get in.

"Akira, what are you doing? Who's car is this?" You bend down a little bit so you could see the person sitting in the driver's seat.

A weird feeling makes its way into your stomach when you see no other than Ryo Asuka sitting in the driver's seat.

He had his hand on the steering wheel and was looking forward.

He didn't turn to look at you or even say anything.

You stood up straight again and looked back at Akira.

"No." You turned around and walked away from the car.

"Y/n wait," Akira stopped you by grabbing your arm.

"Wait what? What am I waiting for?" You shouted.

"What do you want me to wait for? Ryo? I'm not waiting on him anymore." You pulled your arm away.

"Don't shout at him." Ryo finally said something.

"Oh, would you look at that? The bastard can speak." You mocked. Of course, he would say something when it had to do with Akira but when it came to you no one gave a shit. 

"Please y/n, I need you to come with us. Ryo needs our help." Akira began tearing up.

You sighed. He is such a crybaby. But knowing that he was so weak and vulnerable, made you want to protect him no matter what.

"Why? Why must you follow him again?" You asked.

But Akira didn't say anything.

"He left us once, what makes you think he won't do it again?" 

Akira looked down at the ground. You could hear small sniffles coming from him.

"Y/n will you please just come for me? I need you there to protect me like you have been doing all this time." Akira looked back up at you, with tears in his eyes.

Sighing, you look back at the driver's seat, to see Ryo now staring at you. He looked you up and down very slowly. Examining your face and body.

This made you feel uncomfortable, so you instantly wrapped your arms around your stomach.

But Ryo didn't care, he continued to look at you.

"What is it that we're helping you with?" You ask Ryo.

"Research." He bluntly says.

"Research?" You looked back at Akira raise your eyebrow and then at Ryo again.

"How the hell are you not done with research? You've been gone for over five fucking years. What the hell have you been doing?" You raise your voice.

"Y/n will you please come and help? If not for Ryo, for me?" Akira looked at you.

You were silent for a moment as you thought to yourself, "What if something happens to Akira and I'm not there to help him. I would never forgive myself. And that bastard Ryo, can't be trusted. I have no choice but to go."

You sighed. "Fine, I'll go. But only to protect you. I don't trust Ryo a single bit."