He was sitting next to his dad in the back of the car and heard a “DING” from his cellphone.

He fished out his phone and took a look.

Even though he didn’t know what an emoji was, but this one was self-explanatory.

That was…blowing a kiss?

Looking at the sudden and direct fondness from his little cousin, his fingers were and all the more he didn’t know how to respond.

Slowly but surely, he began to have a different kind of sensation inside of him.

When Mr. Lang saw that, he smiled so much one could see his crow’s feet and asked, “What seems to be the matter?”

___

Words from the author (not the translator 😊): The male lead and the villain were meanies. One was hiding behind the front of a tender, little angel, and the other was a guy that was passionate deep down inside but also have a bad temper and a difficult time expressing himself. Head scratch. I thought I made that quite clear in my writing.

This was meant to be a slice-of-life story where Huanhuan thought she was the one spoiling the others when, in fact, she was the one being spoiled. _(:3 Personally, I enjoy writing the development at the current pace, I just don’t know whether it was suitable for little cutie.

Chapter 62 - Interlude: Xu Xing (1)

Lang Jinzhi closed up his phone and said in a low voice, “It was from Zhong Yuhuan.”

Mr. Lang paused for a second and said, “Oh, your aunt’s child.”

Lang Jinzhi nodded.

Mr. Lang paused again and said, “I thought you haven’t seen or talked to her since your aunt’s funeral?”

“I helped her out on some things – adopted a couple of kids and put them under the Ding’s.”

“Oh, Zhong Chi was a bit much. It’s not a bad thing to adopt a couple of children to keep her company,” said Mr. Lang.

Lang Jinzhi acknowledged his father’s words then, after thinking for a little bit, added, “Last time I had dinner with grandpa, she came too. Even brought me a gift.”

“Oh yeah? Then if she has time in the future, why don’t you invite her to have dinner at our place?” said Mr. Lang, a bit surprised.

Lang Jinzhi nodded.

The two switched the subject after that, and the topic never came up again.

Lang Jinzhi, on the other hand, made a mental note – he could treat his little cousin better from now on.

They tried a few times to set it up after that but it has yet to happen, either Zhong Yuhuan was too busy or Lang Jinzhi was too busy.

Before they were able to meet up for their dinner, Xu Yunhui’s son had arrived at Zhong’s. Xu Xing came home from school lugging his suitcase behind him.

Zhong Yuhuan leaned over the banister on the third floor and looked down sluggishly.

“What’d you looking at?” asked Huo Chengming as he walked over to her with a big bowl of large strawberries in his hand.

Zhong Yuhuan casually picked one up and tossed it into her mouth as she smiled and said, “Looking at Xu Yunhui’s son, of course.”

Huo Chengming said in a low voice, “If he dares pick on you…”

“He wouldn’t dare,” said Zhong Yuhuan as she patted Huo Chengming on his arm. His arm is tight, slightly bulged up with a thin layer of muscle that only belonged to a youth. Zhong Yuhuan was genuinely surprised, she couldn’t help but exclaim, “Wow, Chengming-ge ge has muscle on his arm now!”