Hope?

"Wake up." 

Startled, I carefully opened my eyes. My arms stretched out groggily, instinctively warning to rid themselves of the lingering fragments of sleep and numbness.

I was met by a welcoming ambience; the walls and ceiling were white, but the room was also decorated with different colours. The light was a gentle golden, which contributed to the relaxing ambience. Despite the nice environment, I felt a little cold until I heard the faint sound of the heating system kick in via one of the vents in the walls. Although being inside here feels pleasant and welcoming, I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable for some reason.

I discovered something after scanning my surroundings. There was no sign of anyone else being present. I would have heard their footsteps if they had instantly left the room, or noted that the door was slightly open, but it was shut, as it would have been before I went to bed.

Who's voice was it then?

Was it him?

It's pointless to think about it now. He wouldn't be here, to begin with.

I looked out the window to see it was snowing today. Seeing the snowflakes softly descend from the sky to the ground made me feel...

Mesmerized? Was it the correct term to use?

Yet, I also felt something else...

This unfathomable feeling that plunged deep within my heart...

but I decided to ignore that feeling for now.

Right, I need to get ready for school.

While my expression (or lack thereof) may not reflect it, I eagerly anticipated returning to school. After all, it's the first day back after the winter break, so I'm naturally curious about the curriculum.

I've always believed—no, I've been taught—that there's always something to be taken away from studying. It fueled my insatiable curiosity, which I've had for as long as I can remember.

After all, I think all humans are just like this too, yeah, that should suffice.

I went to the washroom and brushed my teeth and took a quick shower to clean my body. I put on my uniform which consists of an all-white colour scheme. Then I took the white limestone marble stairs down to the main floor to go to the kitchen to eat my breakfast. As I walked down to the main floor it was easy to tell.

As usual, that man isn't here.

Not that I specifically wanted him to be here anyway.

I then proceeded to go to the large white and grey marble waterfall island countertop which was filled with numerous amounts of Japanese cuisine like an all-you-can-eat buffet just waiting to be eaten by somebody. The food was fresh as some steam was coming off the fried rice and such.

Although I know I can have whatever I want and how many I want to.

This doesn't feel right either,

I can't help but feel uneasy for some strange reason.

Anyway, after finishing my breakfast, I left the home and went outside to find a man in a black suit who appeared to be waiting for me. He was standing in front of the home, in front of a black automobile. It was the type of vehicle used by government officials, having the windows completely tinted out for seclusion. Although we made brief eye contact, no words were exchanged between us.

Our gazes just acknowledged each other's presence, as if customary. Right then, he unlocked the vehicle's back door and motioned for me to enter. As I walked into the car, he closed the door for me before climbing into the driver's seat and starting the engine.