Mullai was in shock to even respond, while he continued to tell her the entire ordeal and how he choose to marry her for the family. He skipped the part of his family involvement for he knew it would make it worse for her.

A frown appeared on her face but she tried to conceal it. Her displeased face soured his mood further. He never deliberately hurt her but always ended up doing something that made her disappointed of him. She was too pure and did not know what sin she committed in the past to end with someone like him who could not make her happy.

"Idhu elam un kita solli unna kasta padutha kudadhunu than ithanai naal solama irundhean. Elam oru naal maridumnu nenachean. Aana, rendu ponungala yematharomnu kurta unarchi, inum un kita irundhu ennai inum velaga than senjudhu."

All this information was overwhelming and she felt suffocated. She remained silent without uttering a word.

"Idhu elam en thapunu enaku theriyum. Enaku kalyanam ayiduchu, andha porupu elam irukunu enaku puriyudu. Idhuku mela un kita marachu, inum thappu panna venamnu pakarean pa. Naan panna elathukum enna manichudu"

Jeeva figured Mullai was in no mood to talk and did not want to push any further and give her some time for all the information to sync in. A gloomy silence filled between them making the air too thick to breathe.

Disappointment filled her on how he choose to remain silent. Maybe she expected more than just an apology for what he did to her an entire year?

"Kovama irundha thitidu pa. Ipadi amadiya en iruka?", Jeeva asked.

" Kovam elam illa Mama. Varutham than iruku. Unga mela kova pada urimai elam enaku ilanu theriyum", she whispered. He immediately felt guilty and became silent. He looked away from her face focusing his eyes at a distance.

"Rendu ponuku dhoragam paniteanu kurta unarchi enna anu anuva koludhu.  Palasai elam maraka mudiyumanu theriyala, aana kandipa unaku dhoragam epavum panna matean. Ennai mathika nenaikarean. Enaku oru vaipu kudipiya pa?"

Mullai was not sure how to respond to it. All this while, she thought she was not good enough for anyone to love her. Now knowing he had someone else in his heart broke her to pieces. All this while, she was living a life of lie.

"Andha ponna...", before she could complete she saw him frozen. Mullai turned towards the direction of his gaze and saw two girls standing. One girl approached him almost running towards him

"Jeeva", her voice trembled and realization dawned on Mullai. She need not be told, to understand what she meant for Jeeva. Her eyes started tearing and before she lost her control, she wanted to leave the place

"Nenga pesitu vanga Mama. Naan veetuku porean", and almost ran away.

"Illa pa. Iva..", Jeeva started unsure on how to introduce her

"Puriyudhu mama. Nenga pesitu vanga". With that, she walked away and took an auto that was coming towards her. Once she was out of his vision, the tears that she was controlling spilled out of her eyes and she started sobbing hard, ignoring the driver who was staring at her as if she was a crazy person.

She had nowhere to go. She did not know if she belonged to Jeeva house anymore nor if she would be welcomed back in her house. Unknowing where to go she went to the mandapam and sat crying for hours.

A real relationship does not survive on kisses and hugs only. It needs understanding, trust and honesty. Her marriage life lacked all of these. She also wanted to marry someone who respected her and cared for her likes and dislikes. However, she ended with someone who does not love her and only worried about the guilt he carried instead of thinking about her feelings. She felt weird that she was trying to take someone else place in someone's life.