Epiphany ~ Chapter 37, Part 2.

Start from the beginning

"This is my fault." She finally said in a small voice,

"What do you mean?" Adora looked back with a raised brow,

"I was approached by this man-" she started,

"Dark hair? Funny eyebrows?"

"Yeah, him!" She nodded profusely before continuing, "He asked me if I knew Y/N and I said I did, he then asked me if I could deliver a letter to her since he hadn't been able to see her for a while, and in all honesty I didn't think much of it. Never did I question why he chose to approach me about her, or why he hadn't been in contact with her and who he was in relation to her. What harm would there be in delivering a letter, right?"

She exhaled deeply, "Although when I gave it to Y/N she seemed to panic, and I began to feel guilty but I didn't want to take responsibility for the fact that I may have endangered her; so instead I kept quiet, and began to think about how I should approach this. Then when she said that she was going to see Nico and Yuna had confirmed it with them directly I was able to relax a little." She nodded as the rest listened, "Still, I knew I had to confess to what I had done, even if it didn't pose as a threat anymore; I was too scared to tell Guren since I knew he would probably get mad so I was going to tell Y/N since he went back to the army but-" she sighed, implying the turn of events.

The car was silent for a while as everyone processed what Ira had just told them,

"I'm so sorry, It's my fault." She looked down at her hands on her knees, a scowl on her face as her eyes began to well with tears of frustration; she felt so angry at herself, her carelessness had put someone else in danger.

Although, a hand reached out to Ira's knee giving it a soft, comforting squeeze, she looked up to identify the owner of the hand and saw Nico's mum cast a gentle smile over her shoulder before returning her eyes to the road, "Ira is it?" She asked and Ira nodded,

"You can't take all the blame. You wouldn't have had to deliver a letter if there was no letter." She released a sigh of her own, "I'm just thankful Kureto Hiragi didn't use the same methods on you as he did on me."

"That's because he didn't need to." Adora inputted, bemused,

Yuna continued, "Ira, that man you met also approached me to get Nico to write that letter you had to give. He had to threaten me to do so and if you had questioned him or told Guren or Y/N as you planned he would've most likely done the same to you, or even worse he would've hurt you. In the end you wouldn't have had a choice and would've ended up doing what you did anyway. It's not your fault."

"She's right. But Yuna none of you need to take the blame. If you knew Kureto Hiragi, what he wants he gets, you two were put into a position in which you had no control over. So please stop harbouring any guilt." Adora sighed, "Thanks for telling us though, Ira."

Ira felt a bit of the burden on her shoulders lighten,

"Yuna has anyone told you you're a great driver, I mean one hand-?" Naomi awed, changing the subject,

Yuna chuckled, "Is that all you got from that?"

"The two of you said what I wanted to say anyway."

"Haha, anyway thank you."

"Even though you guys made me feel a bit better I still need to do something." Ira muttered, wiping her eyes with the sleeve of her shirt.

"Ira, you've done enough by telling us, it's actually a bit risky having you tag along..." Adora warned,

"She's already here with us anyway, it's too late to turn back now." Naomi commented, "Anywho~ I'm going to call Kai just letting you guys know."

She put the phone on speaker and it rang a few times before it went through, "Oh wow, you actually picked up?" Naomi stated in surprise,

"Huh, Naomi? Why don't I have your number saved?" His voice showed that he was just as confused,

"I mean I don't have yours saved either, Takana gave it to me. Speaking of which, have you spoken to her, the poor girl was ready to keel over and die if she didn't get ahold of you today."

"Yes, I've caught up with her. What's your excuse for calling me? We're you ready to do the same?" He snorted,

"You wish, anyway you're on speaker-"

"Hey bestie!" Adora greeted loudly and there was a loud groan from the phone causing her to frown,

"Ugh, is that Adora?"

"What's your issue with Adora?" Naomi asked,

"Heh, he's still mad I used him as my practice dummy during medical school. We haven't spoken since I forced him to let me practice giving shots." Adora sighed almost sadly,

"Why does that feel like some sort of medical malpractice?" Yuna questioned,

"Probably because it is, voice I don't recognise." Kai agreed,

"Oh yeah, I'm with Adora, Ira and Nico's mother," Naomi stated,

"Nico's mother? Ah right even though I did go with Guren that day I don't think we met since we split up," he lowered his voice, even though everyone in the car could hear him, "Is she cute?"

"Wow! Really?" Ira drawled, leaning in closer to the phone, "I'm telling Takana~"

"I'm joking, geez." He sounded, somewhat threatened, "If you snitch, consider you days numbered."

"Wow, that threat was actually kinda scary, considering it came from you. I'll sleep with Takana if it means you won't be able to kill me."

"Takana is a deep-sleeper, I can easily get ahold of you even if you were clutching onto her for dear life."

"Of course you'd know she's a deep-sleeper." Naomi rolled her eyes,

"Wanna know what puts her into the deepest sleep?" Kai shamelessly bit back,

"ENOUGH!" Adora yelled, "Disgusting- cut that shit out, you perverts."

Yuna hadn't laughed this much for ages despite how crude the conversation was,

"Ah, Kai. I'm Yuna, I never actually got the chance to thank you for helping return Nico to me, thank you so much I really can't express my gratitude; you too Naomi and Ira, thank you for helping look after Nico."

"No need to thank us, he was a pleasure to have." Kai reassured, "Naomi, why did you call me?"

"Ah yes, long story short, Y/N has been kidnapped and we think Kureto Hiragi did it. We're almost in Shibuya now, actually."

"Fine I'll meet you guys when you arrive, let me know when you're like 5 minutes away."

"Aye aye captain!" Naomi responded,

"I can't hear you!"

"Aye ay-" Ira joined in with Naomi the second time but before they could finish, the line cut out,

"He hung up...if he knew what was good for him he wouldn't meet up with us unless he wants his ass whooped," Naomi huffed, dumping her phone on the seat next to her,

"You guys are so funny." Yuna chuckled in amusement,

"Oh please, just wait until you get used to them," Adora rolled her eyes but ended up laughing along with her.