It wasn't fair. Mr.Malfoy was hiding something.

He opened his mouth to speak, and she sat waiting. "Tomorrow I'll expect you in the lobby of the Manor at six thirty. You need to get out of his room, and do something useful for once."

Her jaw fell open at these words. Mr. Malfoy's grey hues were full of fire. A fire that had rose in his body. He was allowing it to get the best of him, not showing the slightest sincerity towards her. He turned on his heel, sending her a quick glare just as Esme found the words she needed to speak.

Make him feel guilty.

"Mr.Malfoy wait."

She stood up from her seat, still keeping distance between them.

He stopped at the door, un-moving. "Did I do something to make you upset. I don't understand?"

He shifted, spinning back around. "Do you ever know when to shut the fuck up?"

Her body stumbled backwards, and she saw regret flood through his features for a split second and then it vanished once again. The softness that trailed up in the corners of his hues became hard as ice. They flickered, and it all fell back into place.

Her eyes fell to the floor, and she heard him inhale sharply and then waited for him to exhale before her eyes trailed along his figure. He stood frozen by the door, waiting to meet her eyes. He scoffed loudly and turned back away, slamming it shut. The fringe of the bedroom door shook loudly, and it felt as if the earth beneath her feet was shaking.

Mr.Malfoy was known to be ruthless without any hesitation, uncaring for the feelings of those around him. As the words left his mouth, she didn't feel the slightest of hurt. She was growing accustomed to this side of him. His closed off side where he didn't resent. Throwing harsh words one after the other.

Never wake up a sleeping dragon.

She was used to it by now. It was his defence mechanism to push those who wanted to care for him away. She wondered if it was Astoria's death that brought him pain. He never spoke of his wife and what happened to her. Esme curiosity bloomed in her chest, deciding on bringing it up on their walk tomorrow.

No sunlight reflected into Esme's room. The sky was still dark, the sun only starting to rise. She rubbed her eyes, turning over to check the time on the clock that hung across the wall from her bed.

6:25 am

Her eyes sprung open, pushing out of bed and begin trying her hair up into a bun. She slipped a pair of boots. Just as she was about to open the door, she paused- turning back around, and walked towards the dresser staring down at the calming draught Mr.Malfoy had brought her yesterday. The sound of footsteps approached from behind her, and someone grabbed her wrist, spinning her around. His apparition was so quiet, she barely heard him land in her room.

"I still have five minutes." she started, but he cut her off without a word. He gently gripped her wrist, pulling her closer to him as they apparated away again. When she felt her feet plant against the gravel floor, he stepped away from her. Esme's balance was slightly off, and she toppled over, falling onto down on the gravel.

"What are you doing?" she cried out as the small pointy stones pierced through her skin, sending a sharp pain up her palm. She hit her knee on a large stone and could already feel the bruising starting to form.

"I have other things to attend to today. Let's hurry this up."

She stood back up, and his eyes fell down to the blood trickling down her palms. He flicked his wand, and the blood disappeared, her clothes clean from the dust and dirt that she had collected from her fall.