"No but how hard can it be?"

This made the pirate chuckle softly.

He lifted his hand, beckoning her with his ring-covered fingers. "Come, I'll show you."

There was a slight hesitation in Catherine's legs at first. The small voice cooed at her to move towards the pirate. Even the wind pushed against her legs to walk. She approached Jack, willingly, watching as he took a small step back.

"Place your hands on the wheel."

She did as she was instructed to do, placing them nearly parallel to each other on the opposite sides.

Jack nodded, moving his hands towards her but then stopping, covering them over her arms. "May I?"

"And watch where you put them." She raised a suspicious brow.

This earned her a wicked grin. "I would never."

The grin slowly faded off, but the corners still remained faintly up. His hands placed palms down on her forearms, sliding down to cover the back of her hands.

His action caused Catherine's hand to hitch her throat.

She felt her cheeks feel a small bite of heat. The temperature rose as Jack took a step closer to her from behind, feeling his warmth against her back.

Catherine blinked, slowly blinking to turn her head to meet his face right beside hers.

Jack's dark eyes met her lighter eyes.

There was a pause in between the two.

Catherine had never been this...intimate in proximity of a man before. She was a lady for goodness sakes. This would cause such horror throughout people in her town. But for some reason, it felt almost familiar, normal even.

A small part of her wondered if Jack was like this around most women. With a smile like his, and his way of words, she knew he was.

And this realization was enough for her to snap her head forward, pushing away the moment entirely.

"Right." Jack blinked, pulling himself from his gaze that he kept on her, even after she looked away. It didn't take much of his instructing and guidance. Before Catherine realized it, she had picked up on how to steer the ship.

"Well done," Jack complimented, his hands still holding hers.

Catherine took in a breath and nodded. "Thank you." A touch of shyness grew as she nodded down towards his arms still around her. "I can take it from here," She whispered to him, keeping her eyes far away from him.

Instantly, Jack's hands were off of her as if she was hot water. He slide them into his pockets, curling around to look at her as she now sailed the ship.

She kept her eyes forward, but could feel him anxious to continue speaking to her.

It almost made her scoff, but it also confused her.

Jack could barely stand speaking to Will. He didn't even want to be here helping them. So why talk to her?

The question pondered in her head but she kept her face cool, refusing to let any signs of her thinking about him as he stood there show.

Now it seemed a curious surprise remained: a small part of her wanted to keep talking to him too.

Catherine took in a breath and flickered her eyes towards Jack. "You know, my father would love to have learn how to sail a ship by a pirate." The thought made a small smile grow on her lips. It amazed her how much she missed her parents already. Her father would be over the moon to see the things she has, or even done any of the things she's done so far.