Vol. 2.15 | Pre-Engagement

Comenzar desde el principio

"So.. It's tomorrow night?" I ask after a few seconds of silence. "Yes. Tomorrow night, my son. It'll be spectacular. Parties are your kind of fun, yes?" My father laughs, as i only glare at him in response. I can't stand being in the same room as him anymore. So i get up, and storm to my bedroom.

I slam the door shut and enchant it so no one can come in. Not even with a alohomora. I slump down on my bed, as Blaise looks up at me. He's laying on his own bed, beside mine. "Your daddy issues is thriving," He chuckles. "I hate life," I complain, grunting against my pillow. "It is what it is, pretty boy. Potter's gonna fix this. That's literally all he does– Fix problems," Blaise says, like it's no big deal.

Maybe he will. I hope he will. I don't want to marry Y/n.

But for now..

"Accio weed."

harry potter

A strange owl arrive at my window, dropping off an envelope. The same one Y/n sent me. The one with the sleek black and green crest with a silver letter M resting in the center, dragons, and snakes displayed along the borders of it, and 3 spears sticking out at the top and bottom of the crest.

Is this from Y/n? It has to be, right?

Getting excited and impatient, i wrip out the letter from the envelope. But when i read what the letter says.. Disappointment instantly appears on my face. Disappointment. Anger. Confusion. Sadness.

The letter is an invitation. An invitation that says;

𝚆𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚒𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚗𝚟𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚎-𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚈/𝚗 𝙼𝚊𝚕𝚏𝚘𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚘𝚍𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚝. 𝚆𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚍𝚘 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚊 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝
-𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚊𝚕𝚏𝚘𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚝 𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜

She really is getting married to someone else.

"Hey, Harry!" Ron and Hermione both exclaim as they rush into my bedroom. I quickly wipe off my tears, and put the invitation away. "Did you get it?" Hermione asks, as i furrow my eyebrows and respond with a question. "Get what?" I ask. Ron then holds up the same envelope. "Pre-engagement party invitation. Y/n and Nott," Ron says.

"Oh yeah," I gulp, "I got it." Hermione sighs, as she pulls me into a warm, comforting hug, and Ron joins. "You don't have to come, Harry," Hermione muffles into my shoulder. Tears start streaming down my face, and my voice breaks as i say, "But i want to see her, Hermione."

"But Harry, it's obvious that Lucius Malfoy invited you only to see you being crushed by this. Are you sure you're coming?"

"I'm sure, Hermione."

"Then we'll come with you. My parents are coming too. Ginny, Dean, Fred and George," Ron whispers, still trying his best to comfort me. "Thanks, Ron." Hermione then mumbles, "There's no way Y/n wants this." I look up to them as we break the hug, "We'll just see then."

I have to see her.

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

The next night, i got ready to go to Malfoy Manor. With formal wears and everything. I just wish that i dress up like this to be at my own pre-engagement party with Y/n. That would've been so much better.

We apparate to the manor, and when we reach the entrance, we're instantly greeted by Lucius Malfoy's smiling face, and his wife's gloomy expression. "Ah! Welcome to our humble home! Quite different to your little absurd construction, yes?" He grins, as Arthur Weasley replies, "We came here for Y/n."

"Oh in that case, please head on inside! I believe she's talking to her soon to be husband!"

We all enter the manor, and into the backyard, where the party is being held. There are drinks, chef meals, the place is decorated with twinkling lights and jasmine flowers. Her favourite kind of flowers.

As i wander around alone, i find her, talking with Theodore Nott. They both are holding glasses of beer in their hands, drinking, laughing, chatting. Y/n doesn't seem too bummed about this. Why isn't she? She's supposed to be angry, sad, that she's marrying someone else.

She looks happy. Even without me. She looks at Theodore like he's the only thing she cares about. That's how she used to look at me.

Then she pulls him by his shirt for a kiss.

My Y/n really is marrying someone else. She agreed. She fell for Theodore Nott already. My heart shatters, realizing my Y/n isn't mine anymore.

a/n;
the pre-engagement party will be divided into 3 chapters, so the next 2 chapters are still gonna be in this setting. don't worry, someone will come help😉