Peter losing Wendy

Start from the beginning

"Which book is first?" She asked leaning back into the couch. I showed her Peter Pan.

"Wanna take turns? I'll read one page for you and then you'll read the next one?" I gave her a weird look. "You want to read together?"

She nodded and gave me a smile.
"If you want. I'd like to read for you."
I nodded. "Nobody has ever read a book for me." I said and realized how sad my voice sounded.

"That's gonna change today." Taylor said and took the book from me. She also opened her arms for me so I could read in the book with her.

"Come here." She added and I moved closer towards her. I put my head on her chest so that I could easily read with her.

"Is this okay?" I asked her and she nodded before putting an arm around me.

She started to read the first page to me and I listened carefully. After the first page I started reading the second page.
Taylor was listening to me.

"You're good at reading." She said looking at me. "Thank you for saying that." "You're very welcome."

Over the next few hours we read the first few chapters of the book and I was completely entranced by it.

"Its almost time to bring you back home." Taylor said and I could hear the sadness in her eyes.

"Kay. Thank you for spending time with me and for reading with me." She smiled at me.

"I'm very lucky that I got to spend time with you." She said giving me another hug before we put on our shoes and went to the car waiting outside.

We drove twenty minutes and over two bridges before I started to get tired.

"I knew there was at least one bridge." I said making Taylor giggle. I leaned my head against Taylor and fell asleep.

Taylor P.o.V.

Emilie fell asleep on the way to the orphanage. So when we finally got there I had to carry her inside.

"Hey uhm I'm looking for Ms. Higgins. My name is Taylor. I found Emilie yesterday im here to take her back."
The girl who I had talked to was staring at me.

"Oh my God. You're Taylor Swift." I gave her a smile and nodded. "I'd love to take a picture with you but right now I'm carrying Emilie so it's a little bit hard." She kind of looked annoyed but I shrugged it off.

"Can you get Ms. Higgins for me? After I put her down I'd love to take a picture with you." She nodded and went away to get the head of the orphanage.

A middle aged woman came in. Her hair was black, but had some white streaks already. Her face seemed very strict and she didn't look like she smiled a lot.

"You're the one that found Emilie am I right?" I nodded and looked at the sleeping girl in my arms.

"Can I bring her to her room? She's asleep."

"You can just wake her up. It's alright. She shouldn't have fallen asleep on you."

The way she talked left a bad taste in my mouth and I didn't feel comfortable at the thought of leaving Emilie alone in this place.

"No she didn't get much sleep last night. I'll take her to her room." The woman sighed and nodded.
"Mary-Lou. Show her were Emilie sleeps."

The girl I talked to earlier had come back and nodded.

"Follow me." I nodded and followed her to the stairs. She led me up to stories before string in front of a small wooden door.

"She sleeps up in the attic." The girl just said without saying another thing.
"In the attic?" The shock was evident in my voice. Who would let a four year old sleep in the attic?

But the other girl had already walked downstairs so I just opened the door.
I looked around to find a light switch but couldn't find one so I followed the stairs. In the attic itself I finally found the light switch. It was a string to pull at and after I did the dark room was illuminated in weak light.

The room was dirty and really cold. Looking around I realized that there wasn't even a proper bed for the girl to sleep on.

No wonder that she was irritated to sleep on a bed and get a proper blanket.
"My poor, sweet girl." I mumbled and gave her a small kiss.
I noticed a small makeshift mattress in the corner.

So I decided to put her down there. After I layed her down I took my scarf off. It wasn't a very thick one so I knew that it wouldn't do much to keep her warm but it was all I could do at the moment.

"Good night sweet girl."
-------
Words 2768