Peter losing Wendy

Start from the beginning

"You can take another one if you're still hungry." Taylor said.

I hesitated. "I can't eat all of those pancakes." She said with a smile.
"You sure?" She nodded and I took another one.

The two pancakes were more then enough. "You're done?" I nodded and smiled. "Do you want to watch a cartoon while I clean up and call the orphanage?" I shrugged.

Taylor sighed before walking to the TV and turning it on. She switched channels a few times before stopping on a kids channel.

A show about a princess was playing.
"What's that?" I asked, not even realizing that I did.

"Uhm it's called Sofia the first. Do you want to watch this?" I could hear the smile in her voice. "Yes please."
I walked to the couch and sat down.

"Okay I'll clean up and make some quick calls. Tell me if you need anything." She said and went to the kitchen, while I started to watch.
I was in the middle of the second episode when she walked back in.

"Hey sweet girl. Are you having fun?"
I nodded, still fixated on the screen.
"Okay. I called Ms. Higgins." She sat down and smiled sadly.

"She said I can bring you home whenever I want to. So I told her I'll bring you home later today." I nodded.
"So what do you want to do today? We could read, play games, bake or watch movies."

My eyes went wide. I absolutely loved reading. It was the one thing I'm quite good at and loved it. Another one of my roommates teached me, but still I wasn't really allowed to read in the Orphanage. Only when I was completely alone, I could get myself a book to read it.

"Can we read?" I could hardly contain the excitement in my voice.
"I barely get to read." I added my eyes now fixated on her. "You can read?" She asked and I nodded. "I was taught a while ago." I explained her.

"What do you like to read?"
"Dunno. I only get to read the school books of the older girls." She smiled sadly before opening her arms.
"Come here sweet girl." I carefully moved closer to her. She pulled me into her arms and I stiffened.

"Breathe. It's alright I only want to cuddle a bit." She mumbled into my ear.
After a few seconds she let go of me. "Do you want to go pick out some books at the bookstore?" She asked me and I nodded excitedly.

"Well let's get you dressed." I grinned at her, running towards the room I had stayed in the night prior.
The clothes I had worn before were laying on one of the tables. Taylor had followed me.

"Do you want me to do your hair after you got dressed?" I nodded and started to dress myself while Taylor got dressed in her room.

When I was back in the living room I waited for Taylor.

"How do you want your hair?" She asked and I just shrugged. "Do whatever you want."

She nodded and I sat down in front of her and she started to brush out my hair.

She started to braid from the front and put an elastic in when she reached the back. She finished the two braids.
"Almost done." I waited.

"One second. I'll make a picture to show you what I did."

She showed me her phone and I smiled.
"Thank you so much. It's very beautiful."