▹ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

Depuis le début

"What's that?" Din asked curiously.

"An hologram," Artemis replied, handing it to him.

He turned it on and Artemis watched her and Obi-Wan's faces appear once more. She turned her head away, not wanting to tear up again, and focused herself on closing her bag.

"Artie," Din said softly, taking her hand and gently pulling her towards him. "Are you all right?"

"I'm fine," Artemis said. "It's just weird being back here without him." She nodded at Obi-Wan in the hologram.

"What's your best memory here?" Din questioned her as he pulled her down to sit next to him.

"Probably the day I arrived, although it's all in the small moments," Artemis said before glancing at him. "You want to see it?"

"You know I like it when you're in my head," Din replied and Artemis could hear the amusement in it. This was his way of distracting her.

"All right," she said, standing up. "Let me find a blindfold.

"You don't have to," Din said.

Artemis raised her eyebrows.

"I want you to take my helmet off."

Artemis didn't move, letting his words sink in, then, she kneeled down in front of him, taking his hands in hers.

"Din, I can tell you want it, but I can also tell you're hesitating. I'm not taking the helmet off. I don't want to do something that you might regret later. I respect your duty to the Creed, as you respected my duty to the Jedi Order."

"But you formed an attachment right? You broke the Order for me," Din told her quietly.

"I did," Artemis said, nodding. "I thought about it for a time. A long time and I'm afraid you haven't. So that's why I'm not taking it off, Din."

Din nodded and Artemis could tell he was both sad and relieved she had denied his request.

"Din, it's not that I don't want to see your face," Artemis said, placing a hand on the side of his helmet. "Because I do, I really do."

"But you want to give me some time to think things over," Din continued, leaning forward so their foreheads touched each other.

"Yes," Artemis breathed, closing her eyes.

"And that's exactly why I love you," he murmured.

Artemis smiled. "I love you, too." Then she stood up again. "Let's go find something to cover my eyes with."

⋆⋆⋆

ARTEMIS stopped the speeder as she eyed the man in the distance. Even with her eyes closed, she knew who it was and she started to tear up. After everything she had been through from figuring out if he was still alive to finding him, she was glad she had finally found him.

She jumped off the speeder and started running, not bothering to hold back the tears that were falling over her cheeks.

Artemis collided with Obi-Wan and let out a sob as she hugged him tightly.

"Artemis," Obi-Wan murmured in disbelief. "Oh, Artie."

He hugged her back just as tightly and Artemis could tell by the way his shoulder shook, that he, too, was crying.

"You're a hard man to find, Master," she said, burying her head into his neck.

Obi-Wan just laughed and Artemis felt his tears fall onto her neck. She didn't care, though. After months apart, she was finally reunited with her master once more.