The Chase

"I can't believe we're in this situation again!" Sun Woo yelled as they all ran away from the Dean.

"Didn't we learn our lesson last year??" Dong Ryo wailed. It was class night again, and as usual, the boys had met up with Deok Sun and her friends after hours. And now, here they were again, trying to escape punishment for breaking curfew.

"We need to split up!" Jung Hwan said, then grabbed Deok Sun by the wrist.

"Hey!" she yelped as she raced to keep up with Jung Hwan. They ran as quickly as they could, not knowing where they were going.

"Here," Jung Hwan squeezed into a tight space and Deok Sun hurried after him.

"This feels oddly familiar--" she grumbled before he put a finger to her lips to shush her.

Panting, they listened hard for the sound of the Dean's voice in the distance.

As they breathed heavily, Jung Hwan realized that this did feel familiar. This was exactly how he had felt the first stirrings of his feelings for Deok Sun. Having her in such close proximity, feeling her breath against his skin.

He looked down at her, and she was looking up at him. He realized that one thing was different this time.

Unlike last year, they weren't trying to twist away from each other uncomfortably.

"Jung Hwan," Deok Sun whispered as she stood there, her body pressed against his.

Suddenly, they heard the Dean's voice nearby, "Where are those crazy kids??"

Jung Hwan did the only thing he thought would help them keep their cover.

He pulled Deok Sun close and covered her with his jacket, then dipped his head down and touched his lips to hers.

Deok Sun gave a small yelp of surprise, and Jung Hwan murmured against her lips, "Ssshhh..."

They heard footsteps, and Deok Sun felt Jung Hwan's hand on her head as he pulled her closer, pressing his lips more firmly against hers. Instinctively, she wrapped her arms around his neck, and prayed that the Dean wouldn't think to interrupt a random couple kissing in an alleyway.

"Wait 'til I catch those stupid kids," they heard the Dean grumble, and his footsteps grew softer as he walked away from them.

They stayed that way for a bit longer, listening hard, until finally all was quiet.

Jung Hwan pulled away and breathed a huge sigh of relief. "I think he's gone," he whispered.

Deok Sun nodded quietly as she dropped her arms and looked down at her feet, and Jung Hwan felt that something was different with her.

"Deok Sun?" he gently tipped her chin to look up at him, "What's wrong?"

She tried to avoid his gaze as she bit her lip, "Well... um... that was my first kiss." Her voice had trailed off to a whisper, but he knew exactly what she meant.

He took a deep breath and gathered up the courage to say, "Will you let me fix that?"

Her eyes flew up to his and she saw the sincerity in his gaze. Sincerity, and something else, something she couldn't put her finger on.

Slowly, she nodded, and closed her eyes and Jung Hwan dipped his head down again.

This time, he pressed his lips gently against hers and kissed her softly, tenderly.

Deok Sun opened her mouth slightly and kissed him back slowly, tentatively.

She felt Jung Hwan's palm against her cheek, and she rested her hand on his waist. So this was what it felt like, to be kissed. It made her feel warm all over, her heart was pounding, her head was spinning, but it all felt so good.

Jung Hwan pulled her closer, holding her by the waist, and Deok Sun wrapped her arms around his neck again as he slowly deepened the kiss and she drank it in.

"Deok Sun," he murmured against her lips without breaking their kiss.

"Mmm?" she asked, keeping her eyes closed.

"It's my first kiss too," he whispered, and she felt his lips curve into a smile.

Her lips curved into a smile as she kissed him, "Good." 

And they kept on kissing deep into the night.