Ch1- You Beggar!

I park my bright yellow cycle on the corner next to the potted plants and wave bye to Jaanu while running into my mother on the way inside.

"Avneet, I really don't understand why you go around doing your beggar friend's job for her!"

I just run past her imagining that I never even ruined my day, seeing her face, but my reply just came as-

"You might've been the beggar who needed your friend's help, but Jaanu isn't a beggar and nor does she need any help"

I don't hear what she rambles after that, running up the stairs with a bread in my mouth which I call breakfast.
Now what should I wear today? I just pick out jeans and a white half shirt, changing into them while eating my breakfast.
So today's the first day of college and I have packed my suitcase with all my clothes and belongings to stay in the college dorms, obviously with Jaanu.

I run back down the stairs and walk out to see my mom waiting for me in our lamborghini. My mom's assistant puts my suitcase into the back of the lamborghini and I force her to put my cycle in too. I plop down in the backseat with mom next to me.

Avu: I could have just taken a normal car right

Harpreet: and ruin our family reputation in front of the Sheikh's again?

Avu: Yeah whatever

The rest of the ride goes by thinking when we will reach Jaanu's house to pick her up. We eventually get there, and Jaanu gets in.

Harpreet: Avneet! Why are we bringing this beggar with us?!

Avu: Why did you even come? I understand that you never learnt anything at college but that doesn't mean you just go with me!

Harpreet: Be happy I even allowed this low class girl to come even close to this car!

By the time she leaves the topic Jaanu gets comfortable in the car and we reach college. Honestly, the campus is quite big...no huge....duh! It's the best college in Mumbai- St. Xaviers College

The car stops right in front of the fountain with a nice bush cutting around it. I step out first and Jaanu still stays in the car, as mom was telling her how she should stay away from me. It's just when I start to think that I'll have no problems that I take off my shades.

I see a car, a black lamborghini, exactly identical to my one except for the number plate. Their number plate had "24-07" written on it. I knew it! They copy us 24/7 all day, every day! They are the sheikh's or you could say Faisal sheikh who is my determined hater. He steps out of the car, obviously copying me, wearing shades, removing them and then staring at my car for a second and then looking at me that same way I look at him- with the evil eye. Ugh..copycat!

Faisu: I see you've followed me till here too!

Avu: I may have followed you till here but you've been following me your whole life!

Faisu: Ah..yes I've been following your garbage schedule. On Monday's I throw paper waste, Tuesday's electronic waste...

Avu: oh..must be your daily job! While I ride my lamborghini, you go around collecting garbage in your garbage truck following me

Faisu: I don't collect garbage but I now understand why you always smell like garbage

Avu: you..you are garbage okay! I don't smell like you!

Faisu: yes, yes keep blabbering... copycat!

Avu: (looking at Siddharth) I see you've brought your sidekick along with you.. what was his name? Simcard right?!