ch 24 - good luck kiss

Oh, she's here.

I stop in my tracks and turn to where I know (y/n) had just entered the building.

"Tsukki, change room is this way." Yamaguchi points out after I start making my way in the opposite direction.

"I know, (y/n) is here." I explain.

"Ok then. Be quick." He gives a small thumbs up as we part in different directions, "your captain orders it." He ads. Ever since our third year started, and Yamaguchi became captain of Karasuno's volleyball team, he has never lived down the fact that he could now boss me around as the 'captain.' Even when it's non-volleyball related.

I hastily turn down the hall and spot (y/n) coming though one of the many entrances this stadium has.

Neither of us are shocked to have found each other so easily.

Over the past two years we've spent together, our bond has grown in impossible ways. Sometimes, when I'm expecting her or looking for her, I know exactly where she is. She always knows how and when to cheer me up and support me. I know when she's stayed up too late doing homework (or art projects.) She knows exactly when I'm craving sweets.

It's the little things here and there that we just know about each other without having to say a thing, and it's the big things too that can't go ignored.

Like when we fight, it never lasts long. We both easily understand each other's true feelings. We can apologize without saying a thing. (We still say it though.) She knows whenever I'm feeling afraid. I know whenever she's begun to overthink. We both love each other wordlessly and truly. She really is my other half, as I am her's.

"You lost?" I ask with a smirk as I approach her.

"Not lost, just looking for someone." The grin she is wearing is next to wicked, and is awfully stunning. (But when is she not stunning?) (never.) "He's Tall, blond, gorgeous. Seen anyone like that around?"

"Are you sure you're not looking at him?"

Her eyes carefully examine me bottom to top. She takes a step closer to me, grin shifting into a smile. It's the kind of smile that draws me in, closer to her, "So it looks like I am."

Her hand caresses my cheek, then shifts to the back of my neck. She pulls me in, our lips meet for a short, sweet moment.

"A good luck kiss." She says, "not that you'll need it. Now go. You've still got to get changed."

"Ok, ok," I huff. "We start on court 3."

"Alright, court 3," She gives me a quick hug before we take off, "don't get lost." She shouts before disappearing into the crowds.

I let out a little laught, and a small smile sits easily on my lips. I turn back to the change rooms and quickly spot two of our first years just down the hall. Their faces read awe, confusion and a hint of fear.

"Yamaguchi sent us to get you," The first one says. I simply nod and follow the two silently.

That was until the second one managed to speak up, "Pardon me for asking, but who was that?"

"(Y/n)?," I can never say her name without a smile taking over my face, "she's my soulmate."

I quickly find (y/n) in the crowd. I gance up at her, in the front row of the first level seats, with Mai by her side. She's looking right back. She waves in acknowledgment, I offer a small wave back. My motivation to win has suddenly increased.

Of course, I was already very motivated to win. That's what happens when it's your last year going to nationals. But there was a significant increase as soon as I saw her excitement. I could feel her excitement, and it quickly became my own. It overrides all the fear and anxiety, she has left me with nothing but confidence.

The good luck kiss must have worked. We destroyed the first team, 2-0 and we only had one of Hinata's slip-ups. Where he decides that he should receive the ball with his face, causing us to waste a timeout for both Hinata and Kageyama to recover. One would think that playing volleyball avidly for three years would teach the basic skill of receiving. Yet, the orange idiot still has yet to fully figure it out.

Aside from that, we had begun the nationals in top form. We shake hands with our competitors and thank the watchers. I look up and don't see (y/n) in the stands anymore. Our team bows. I look ahead and see her rushing through the gym doors.

The team dispersed for water and snacks and to go change. I head right to (y/n).

"Kei!" She begins, with a stunning shine in her eyes. It looked like the stars had gathered in them, making them look pure and joyous. The smile that grew on her face made her look like a star. Bright and beautiful, "you were amazing! You did so good. The spikers must've hated you, it was impossible for them to get around your blocks!"

I was vaguely aware of the curious looks from the first years and the whispers of questions drifting between the members that were unfamiliar with (y/n) and of Mai quickly coming to congratulate the captain of the team. I ignore them all and focus on the glistening girl in front of me.

"Thank you, I just think the good luck kiss worked." I whisper to her like it's a secret, "The team is going to stick around and watch some more games, wanna join?" I offer.

"Of course!"

All changed into fresh clothes, with a satisfied stomach, I was only able to watch about half of a game before I quickly passed out. I wake up to find the game at match point in the third set, my head resting on (y/n)'s shoulder, one hand intertwined with mine and her other hand playing with my hair. (She loves playing with my hair now that it is longer. That's why I've grown it out since first year.)

The back of my thumb brushes over the back of her hand that is holding mine. She wordlessly says 'I love you.' I slightly shift my head to place a kiss in her cheek.

I love you too.

In this moment I found myself wanting to wake up like this all the time. In this moment I wanted to tell her I loved her a million times over. In this moment I engrave the feeling of her hand in mine into my memory, for all the times I am not physically able to hold her. In this moment I knew that we would be a forever kinda thing.

{what!!!! 100k reads???? wHy???????}

{Also you guys a literally the sweetest ppl ever with all your sweet comments that got me blushing and smiling like I got a text from my nonexistent boyfriend instead of sweet comments on a fanfic about a fictional boyfriend.}