"Why not Sam?" I asked. He could have easily texted his girlfriend asking her to skip class with him. I don't see why he chose me. He shrugged and picked a string off of his ripped skinny jeans.

"Because you're laid back. Whenever I hang out with her in school all she does is complain and talk shit." He said tipping his head back to look at the ceiling. His eyelashes were long but it suited him. Wait, why am I looking at his eyelashes?

"Trouble in paradise?" I asked nudging his shoulder. I'm not in a relationship but people always tell me that I rock with relationship advice. He laughed and shook his head smiling unhumorously.

"You could say something like that." He whispered. I raised an eyebrow looking at him. The first time all week that we communicate outside of tutoring was to talk about his relationship problems. Wow.

"I'm just not feeling it anymore." He said with a shrug.

"Well why not?" I asked curiously.

"I think I like someone else." He said with a smile. I smiled a little bit and turned my body towards him and sat criss cross.

"Tell me about the other girl." I said shaking him lightly. He laughed what seemed like a real laugh and went on.

"She's quirky," he started. I found it quite odd how he would start off describing her like that but I didn't interrupt as he went on "and she's absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous. She might have glasses and a slight overbite but it fits her. She's adorable and she loves cats. I was thinking about asking her to prom." He finished. I smiled and rubbed his shoulder while ignoring the slight sinking feeling my stomach made.

"She seems lovely. I'd like to meet her someday." I whispered and blew my hair out of my face. He smiled and stood up offering his hand out for me to help me up. I gladly took it and we started walking off joking around about a whole bunch of different random things until we made it to the door to wait for the bell to ring.

"Are you excited for your date tonight?" Kellin asked. I smiled and nodded rubbing my hands together.

"Yeah, I'm pretty excited. Ryan won't tell me where were going though." I laughed while he smiled and the bell rang signaling the end of the day.

"I gotta get ready for the game, um can I have a good luck hug?" He asked shyly. I was taken back by the question. Never once did I think Kellin Quinn would ask poor little old me for a hug. Nonetheless I wrapped my arms around his waist and squeezed a bit before pulling back smiling.

"Good luck with your game today." Was all I said before I waved and walked out the exit smiling like an idiot.

•~•

My mom was literally freaking the hell out over my date while my dad was standing there trying to let the information sink in still after a week. He had a bottle of water in his hands and he was squeezing it slightly making the flexible plastic to bend with it.

"Oh honey you look beautiful!" She squealed clapping her hands together. I smiled picking at little threads on the lavender knew length dress I wore. I had my hair pin straight and pulled back into a poof on top my head and my makeup was better than it had ever been. In my opinion honestly.

"Phil look at her! She's precious!" My mom cooed as her eyes filled with tears. I didn't see why my mom was getting so emotional, I've gone out before. Was it the fact that she was seeing me off on a first date? I don't know but it was quite emotional for her.

"She's gorgeous Sandy." My dad said softly walking towards me. I smiled up at him and he wrapped his arms around me crushing me in a hug.

"They grow up so fast." He said hugging me tighter.