Prologue

The strong smell of rum and smoke filled her lungs as Scarlett was shoved roughly up the wooden stairs and onto the deck. Although she'd been aboard the ship for numerous days, the foul smells were still foreign to her, causing her to suppress a cough.

The harsh winds whipped her long brown hair across her face, stinging her in the process, "Let go of me this instant!" She ordered, trying to conceal her fear as she courageously stood her ground. She spent weeks abroad on the mythical ship completing every single one of the crewmate's demands, she even pushed her dignity aside to scrub the filthy toilets.

"I demand to speak to Captain Monroe!" She said and tossed wildly in the man's grasp in an attempt to free herself.

"Right behind you, Sweetheart." From behind her, she heard the husky voice that she was all too familiar with. The ship's crew silently moved aside as the captain approached the deck. She craned her neck to the side to see him emerge from his quarters into the moonlight. The winds blew harsher, indicating an approaching storm.

"What is the meaning of this?" She spat angrily as she once more attempted to free herself from the man's grasp. She dug her elbow into the man's gut as hard as she could earning a painful grunt, but much to her dismay his hold on her didn't slacken as he was too strong and much more chubby. "Release me at once!" Her voice cracked at the end as lightning struck, followed by the booming sound of thunder.

She was visibly trembling as the Captain approached her with a mocking sneer. She was overcome with fear as the thunder rumbled on. The captain knew she had suffered from astraphobia her entire life, which made her blood boil even more. The same man who once comforted her while battling the same fear was now standing a few feet away from her with a huge smirk plastered on his face, all void of emotion.

And to think he was being to change her stereotypical perspective of him.

She couldn't believe she was so naive, thinking that she could place even an ounce of trust in the man.

As if reading her thoughts, the captain smirked as he approached her. "Oh sweetheart." He teased as some of his crew snickered behind him. "How naive could you possibly be, trusting a pirate to keep you safe."

Bile raised into her throat, and she ceased struggling as he traced her high cheekbone with the tip of his cold index finger. The man whom she once found minorly attractive now disgusted her to the core. "Are you aware of the price on your head, darling?" He inquired in a mocking tone as if she didn't already know.

"For you, it may not be much, but for men like us, it's worth more than a pretty face like yours." His dark smirk grew as his crew cheered in agreement.

Her heart dropped to her stomach as reality sunk. She ran away from a nightmare only to be thrown into another one, this time harsher than she could ever imagine. Her heart filled with bitterness as the rain began to pour, she didn't care that the rain was soaking her, or that thunder roared around her as all she could think of was the heart-wrenching betrayal that she just endured.

"You're a horrid man!" Her voice cracked as she spat out the words. Tears rolled down her rosy cheeks as she could hardly contain her anger.

She can't believe that he played her. Sure, he was a Pirate, but his devilish smirk and rare stunning eyes had her fooled.
She actually believed that he was different, that he had a heart buried somewhere deep inside him.

But she was wrong. He was nothing but a despicable, heartless pirate, and now she was about to pay the price for her idiocy.

"Night night, princess," the captain said with a smirk as he pressed a white dirty cloth into her face. The strength of the smell took her by surprise that she gasped and forgot to hold her breath. Dark spots appeared on her vision, and her head felt woozy. The last thing that she saw was the captains smirk as darkness overtook her.

Scarlett learned two important lessons that day.

1) Betrayal can come from anyone at any time and

2) Never trust a goddamn pirate.

                              __________

Hello lovelies!!!

So this has been in the works for some time now, and I decided to stop doubting myself and just do it. Although, I have to apologize in advance, please bare with my writing and Grammer, it's been a while.

Expect updates soon!

Lots of love <3