"Finally, you're right about something."

I swallow when he's completely unfazed by my delicate insult. Then I think, I can't hurt somebody who doesn't have a damn heart. He only laughs and continues to drive.

"Even if you didn't come over for a fuck, you were close to letting me have you. You can't deny that, angel. If we weren't interrupted, you'd know for sure what an orgasm feels like by now."

My, God. I can't wait to get away from him for good.

I fall silent again. My eyes light up when I recognize that we're approaching my apartment building.

There's the McDonalds on the corner, followed by a donut shop, and then the row of street vendors. Finally, Harry pulls over by the curb. He parks his car and I immediately unbuckle.

Good-fucking-bye, Harry "Pierce" Styles.

"Thanks," I say, even though I said I wouldn't. I grab ahold of my tote bag and open his car door.

"Bye, angel."

I roll my eyes, but I make sure he can't see me. The last thing I want is for him to stop me and prove his dominance. I shut the door to his car and turn.

My shoelaces are flopping and dragging against the concrete. I'm careful not to step on them. Falling in front of Harry would be the death of me.

As I unlock the gate to my apartment building, I look over my shoulder to find Harry still parked. I scoff and step into my building. I make sure to shut the door behind me so that no unwanted guests enter without a key.

I really hope August isn't home.

I make it to the fourth floor after taking the flight of stairs. I then think, if she is home then I'll avoid her. Or should we talk it out?

Avoid her, I decide.

I open the door to my apartment. I'm alone I conclude when the place is as spotless as I left it. While she was gone all weekend, I was able to deep clean the entire place—not including her bedroom, of course.

I smile to myself. I needed this. I can take a nice warm shower in peace.

After hanging my university lanyard on a hook by the door, I walk towards the hall to get to my bedroom.

I stop in my tracks when I hear a giggle.

Not just any giggle. August's giggle.

Fuck, she is home.

I look over at her bedroom door that's shut. If she's behind it then let me just hope she stays there.

I reach for the doorknob to open my door. I walk in only to feel my heart ripped from out of my chest and dropped onto the fucking floor.

August is not in her room but in my room. She's on top of my white duvet with thighs spread so far apart. When she tilts her head back to moan, her eyes meet with mine.

"Oh!" She exaggerates her moan as her betrayal impales me. The one in between her thighs is none other than my boyfriend.

I feel the blood drain from my face faster than when I had a gun to my head.

"Jo! Oh, fuck!"

I watch Matthew lift his head from off of August. He stands up from being kneeled on the floor. His briefs hang far too low. He pulls them up along with his pants. August, on the other hand, takes her time to sit up. She looks at me from over her shoulder, flipping her newly straightened hair back.