𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦.

"But then whose mind was it?" Remus asked, raking a hand through his thick auburn hair. "Those weren't Hollis's words, but whose twisted, prejudiced mindset did they belong to?"

The possibilities were rather high for the number of people that could be. The Gryffindors had to remember to stick to their list so that they wouldn't be overwhelmed.

"I really think it's Theodore," James said with a disgusted tone at even the thought of the Slytherin boy. "Especially after what you and Pads heard in potions."

Sirius slowly shook his head at James, absentmindedly drumming his fingers against Marlene's thigh as he thought.

"I disagree."

"Why?" Marlene asked, not protesting, just curious.

"Because I think if Nott was the one who had cursed her, he wouldn't have to tell her not to resist him when he-"

Sirius cut himself off, knowing that only anger was going to result if he continued. 

"So you think it's a different person because Theodore would specifically be making her do.." Lily started to clarify and then trailed off briefly, biting her lower lip. "Because otherwise Theodore would be specifically controlling her more?"

Even though it was a painful thing to confirm, Sirius nodded at the redhead. 

"That makes sense," Peter said, trying to wrap his head around the discussion he was mainly listening to rather than contributing. 

"So it's an unknown third party," Remus said, stating what they already knew to try and make the concealed and shadowed seem more manageable. "And Nott's deal with Hollis is just some disgusting byproduct."

There were a few moments of silence as the others comprehended what Remus had just said.

"Merlin, you're too smart," James said under his breath to Remus, who smiled slightly.

If his smarts were helping Hollis, then that was all that mattered. Remus didn't care if he failed all of his classes because his intellectual energy was being used on her. Hollis was the largest thing in his life, and he didn't know what would have to happen to change that.

"So if that thing with Nott was just a byproduct, like you say," Sirius started, and all heads turned to him. "Then what was the main goal?"

Silence.

"Didn't think of that," Remus said under his breath, cracking his knuckles anxiously. "Any ideas?"

Marlene spoke up.

"I still thin it's just some sort of test mission for when a Death Eater in school right now graduates," she repeated.

Everyone nodded again. Only a few clarifications and a few questions had resulted from the talk, but it was better than nothing.

Standing up, a dark look took over Remus's face.

"Well, if we know one thing, it's that we all hate Nott."

"Second that."

"Idiotic fucker."

"See him in hell."

.。*゚+.*.。   ゚+..。*゚+

Evans was starting to feel like something large had happened last night. 

When he had been woken up from the piercing pain in his mind of Hollis pushing back, it had taken him almost three full minutes of sheer mental agony to regain his control. And the Rosier boy was well aware that anything could have happened in those three minutes.