Chapter 2 - Chase

Start from the beginning

We soon reach the restaurant and I gasp as soon as we enter. The restaurant is completely empty, save for a deep red, velvety love seat sitting behind an oval mahogany table with a milk white tablecloth covering the top. The wine glasses glisten under the twinkling string lights and a clear view of the city's skyline lies opposite the love seat.

"You like it?" Mike whispers in my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

I can't seem to form any words so I just nod enthusiastically as I start to tear up. Mike and I have only been dating for about 5 weeks and this is the nicest thing that he's ever done for me. In fact, this might be the nicest thing anyone I've dated has ever done for me.

I feel Mike slip his hand into mine and he gently pulls me towards the love seat. "This is beautiful, Mike," I whisper, finally being able to find my voice.

Mike draps his hand over my shoulder, drawing me closer to him once we are seated on the love seat. I turn my head towards him with a smile and he grins, reaching up to tenderly stroke my cheek. I slightly pout my lips and he gets the hint immediately and presses his mouth to mine; the hand around my shoulders sliding up and pushing the back of my head closer to him.

He temporarily breaks the kiss and whispers against my lips, "I'm glad you like it."

"Can I get you started?" a chirpy voice interrupts us before he can reconnect our lips.

Mike releases me and glares at the waitress who shifts uncomfortably under his cold gaze.

"I'll have the salmon," I reply trying to save the waitress from the daggers Mike is throwing at her with his eyes. I haven't seen the menu but it's very unlikely that this place won't have salmon.

"And for you?" The waitress asks, unable to meet Mike's eyes.

Mike's voice comes out harsh and I see the waitress flinch at his tone. "I'll have the same."

She practically runs away from our table and I turn to give Mike a questioning look who simply shrugs.

We enjoy the rest of our meal with Mike smothering me with kisses the entire time. "Do you want to come back to my place," Mike asks huskily and I feel his warm breath fanning against my ear. He moves his lips, pressing them against my neck, nibbling on the tender skin there.

"Ummm," is all I can say and I feel Mike grin against my neck just before he harshly bites down. Unable to control myself, a lascivious sound escapes my throat and I am immediately embarrassed. "Stop, we're still in the restaurant," I mumble, pushing Mike's head away from my neck.

Mike sighs and promptly gets up from the love seat and ushers me out of the restaurant.

***************

I groan as Mike slams me against his apartment door; his mouth attacking my own as if my tongue holds the miracle cure for an incurable disease. My hands lightly rest on his chest as I try to keep up with his desperate movements. "Mike," I mumble after I manage to get a millimetre of space between our lips. "Can we slo-" Mike crashes his lips back into mine and the back of my head hits the door.

Mike's hands glide down my body until they land on my butt. A feral growl vibrates up his throat as Mike harshly gropes both my cheeks simultaneously. I moan at the sensations that action sends shooting to my groin. Mike moves one of his hands to the front of my pants and starts palming my growing erection.

My body feels like it is on fire with every one of Mike's touches. My body craves him; longs for his touch but my brain isn't ready. I'm not mentally prepared to lose my virginity to him. Not yet. "Mike," I mumble, pushing his hand away from my pants. Mike growls, instantly returning his hand to my now softening erection. "Stop." I shove his chest to get his attention and he lets out a frustrated groan.

"Come on Chase, I've waited 5 weeks. Can't we just go all the way?" Mike whispers nibbling my ear as his hands roam around my chest.

"I'm sorry. I'm not ready yet," I mumble.

Mike releases me and I can see the look of irritation on his face. "But I will be soon!" I quickly add and he scoffs.

"You should go then," Mike mutters. I can tell he's still upset with me and I reach out to touch him but he steps back out of my grasp.

"Date night tomorrow? We can binge watch the Umbrella Academy!" I suggest hopefully. He hesitates a moment before his honey coloured eyes shine with excitement and he nods.

I can't help but wonder why the look in his eyes makes me want to recoil.

Ignoring that feeling, I press a chaste kiss to Mike's lips who gently reaches up and strokes my hair. "Should I drive you, cutie?" Mike inquires still playing with my hair.

"It's ok, I can take an uber," I mumble. Mike hums a response and presses one more kiss to my lips before I make my way home.

Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed the chapter, don't forget to vote and/ or leave comments!