8🖤

Pan's POV:

"You will tell me why you don't like her being around me, now."

He stays silent, but only for a moment, and says with his back still turned, "Because I know you are getting too attached to her. And you get attached to no one. You said yourself that getting attached to someone would make you weak. She's making you weak." It infuriates me that he has the gall to say these things in front of me. But I can't retort back because I know he's right. So I wait for him to continue, and he does, but in a whisper, "Then I suppose I'm weak as well." "What do you mean?" I ask. He turns to face me. Ignoring my question, he says, "As one of your most loyal, I ask that you get rid of her. For your own good." I sigh. I want to blow up in anger, but knowing that he's right, I can't. "It's too late," I say, "I can't." "I thought so," he responds, "So that's why, even if you hate me, even if you lock me up, or even if you kill me, I'll have to do it myself." He turns to walk away, but using my magic, I pop right in front of him, without smoke, and grab his wrist. "I won't let you," I tell him.

He stares at me, now in each other's faces. He smiles. "You might not even have to worry. I might just die trying," he says and huffs a laugh, "Again." "Not again," I say to him. He looks at me with a shocked face. I was supposed to say something else, but that just seemed to come out. I guess that just proves his point of her making me weak. Or making me go soft in this case.

But then I'm caught off-guard. I didn't expect this to happen in all the years I've spent in Neverland.

Your POV:

You decided to pay Tink a visit and tell her the news while Pan and Felix talked. You're sure she would be happy that her pixie dust didn't go to waste.

You tried remembering the path you took to get there, but in the end, you find your way. You call up from her ladder, "Tinker Bell?" You don't hear a response so you say, "It's me, Y/N." You hear her say, "Come in," and you climb up the ladder.

When you enter, you see her staring out one of the tree house openings like a window. You smile at her and say, "It worked. It was him." "How'd he react?" she asked, not sounding happy, but serious. You answer, "Not how I expected him to. At first I thought he was going to advance on me harshly, but he turned out to be very sweet with me. It's the first time I've ever seen another emotion on him other than twisted cruelty. And he even smiled. A real smile. It was almost like he was a different person. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but... I think I might be "taming him" as you said I couldn't do." "That may be true," she says, "But there's no guarantee that it'll stay this way. His right hand, Felix, will always make sure Pan never changes, even if Pan can't do it himself. Even if that means Felix is risking his life. Not to mention the lost boys will start to defy him more with each passing day if he softens. And that'll just remind him of what he does as punishment, which is lock them up if they deny their disloyalty, or kill them if they admit their disloyalty. And he'll only continue to be the same twisted mind he's always been. So I wouldn't get your hopes up."

You remember you just left Pan alone with Felix. That might have been a bad decision. You left them because you felt as if there was an unspoken message that Felix was trying to give Pan. So you felt it was best to leave so he would be able to say it. You didn't know if he would, of course, but you were a kind person.

But you didn't think it was something about you, or Pan going soft, which it might be. And now you're nervous.

"There has to be a way," you say. She sighs, "I hope so. It would be like a dream to see Pan stop tormenting people. And love is always the key ingredient if you're looking to pull someone out of darkness." "What if I do this, what if I succeed in taming him? What will you do?" you ask. "All I want is to leave," she responds, "To escape this hell." "Well," you pause to take a seat, "At least he doesn't bother you. You don't have to worry about constantly pleasing Pan or making sure he doesn't notice your loyalties aren't with him like the boys do." She looks at you with her eyebrows furrowed, and asks, "How do you know if they're loyal to him or not?" "It's obvious they're only doing whatever he says to stay alive," you state, "No one in their right mind would actually be loyal to that monster. Especially not teenagers. They just value their lives." She averts her eyes, thinking about what you've said, and continues to stare out the window/opening.