Chapter 16: Accidents Happen

"Don't say what I think you're about to say." I sighed.
"I'm just going to suggest that you take a test and go to Erica." Kate shrugged.
Erica was one of the greatest ob-gyns at the hospital, but it was a risk considering that the hospital had a big mouth.
Kate looked at me intense. "Fine!" I exclaimed. "I'll take a stupid test." I said while walking out the door with Kate. "Incoming trauma!" A man yelled. "Wanna check it out... prego?" Kate snickered. I nodded my head and walked near the desk to observe.
A man had been rolled in. From the looks of it, it was an gsw to the knee.
"Wait.." I whispered. "Oh my god! Morgan!" I yelled out. I ran over to him where the other surgeons were. "Oh god! Derek are you okay? Is Spencer fine?!" I asked repeatedly. "Dr. Reid, I need you to calm down. After the surgery is done, we'll notify you." Another surgeon said before rolling him away. I grabbed my forehead. I noticed Emily and JJ running in. I ran up to them quickly leaving Kate behind. "Is Spencer okay?!" I asked eagerly. "He's fine. He's on his way with Hotch." JJ replied. I let out a sigh of relief. "Is Derek going to be okay?" Emily asked. "He'll be fine. From what I saw, he'll probably just have a limp for a while after it heals." I spoke softly.
JJ and Emily nodded. I looked around a bit before Spencer came rushing out of the doors. "Spencer!" I called out. He ran over towards me and hugged me. "Are you okay?" I asked while examining him. "I'm fine. Is Morgan going to be okay?" He asked. "He'll be fine. They'll give you an update as soon as he gets out." I replied.
I wanted to talk to him about the idea of a baby but I never knew if he wanted children. And if I wasn't pregnant, I didn't want to get his hopes up for nothing.

"Dr. Reid?" An intern asked. Spencer and I both said "Yes?" "Surgeon Dr. Reid." The intern said. "What is it?" I asked. "It's time for Angela's surgery." He spoke. "You're supposed to page me. Remember that." I said while pointing my finger towards the scrub room. "I have to go, I'll come meet you as soon I finish. Okay?" I said. He nodded and turned to JJ and Emily.
I scrubbed in and walked into the OR. They had already put Angela on anesthesia. "Alright. Who wants to cut first?" I asked. All my interns eagerly shot their hands up. "You." I said while point at Martin.
Dr. Martin made the small incision. One of the ortho doctors had started with the skull.
I glanced up to the gallery to see Spencer standing there smiling. Did they even allow him up there? I smiled too but he couldn't see with the mask.
I started the process and removed small sections of the tumor.
It didn't take a long time, her stats were great and I think we got it all.
I disposed of my mask and gloves. I washed my hands one more time before meeting Spencer outside the gallery. "That was amazing!" He complimented. I smiled. "I know." I chuckled. "Is Morgan going to be okay?" I asked. "Yeah, they said he would be fine." Spencer said. I nodded my head.

After I got off of my shift I went to the store for "groceries" I just got a few things but the main thing was the pregnancy test. Once I got home I hid it from Spencer, it was a bad thing but I didn't know what to do. We never really talked about kids.
Kate: Did you get it??
Lexie: Yes, now can you stop worrying?
Kate: Uh no! This is hugeee!
Lexie: You seriously concern me.
Kate: I know I do. Now take it!!
Lexie: Alright fine.
I noticed Spencer on the couch reading. I snuck into the bathroom with the box in my armpit.
I sighed and used the stick. I washed my hands and read the back of the box. Results in 5-10 minutes the box said. I nervously tapped my fingers waiting.
I grabbed one of those ClearBlue tests. I glanced and saw something was on it. I inhaled sharply and peeked over.
My eyes widened. I stared down at the words. "Pregnant" I whispered while reading it. My whole life was about to be flipped around.
Spencer had opened the door on me hovering over it. "Hey lex-" Spencer said while looking towards me. I flipped towards him. He opened his mouth to speak but then his eyes darted to the clear test behind me. He gasped softly and looked into my eyes. "I- I'm- I'm pregnant." I stammered. His eye lit up. "Really?" He whispered. "I think, I still have to go and see if I really am." I whispered back. Spencer pulled me into a hug. He cuffed my face with a big smile on his face.
"I love you so much." I buried my face into his neck. "I love you too." He replied while rubbing my back.

*next day*
I booked an appointment with Erica, I quickly lifted my shirt while she squirted the cold gel onto my stomach. She moved the monitor around a bit and then found a heartbeat. "There's your baby." She smiled. My eyes widened looking at how big the baby was. I must've gotten pregnant the week before we gotten married. "You're about 3 weeks." Erica said while printing the photo. "Later in the week, I want you to come in for a follow up. Sound good?" She said while handing me the photo. I nodded and walked out.
I walked towards the desk to work on some paperwork for now. Kate ran up to me. "You never texted me back last night!" She ranted. "So..?" She said while exaggerating her hands. I reached into my pocket and pulled the photo out. I held it up to her gaze. She squealed in delight. "I knew it! Does Spencer know?" She asked quickly. "He walked in on me last night. I'll tell him when I get home." I replied while marking down checks.
We continued to talk about everything that happened last night and this morning.
I smiled and looked down at my stomach. It was hard to believe, but it was real.
Spencer had come by the hospital. "Hey what are you doing here?" I asked while closing the notebook. "I got off early, so how'd it go?" He asked nervously. I chuckled and handed the photo.
I got out of the chair and walked over to him smiling at the picture. "That's our baby?" He gasped happily. I nodded against him. Spencer nuzzled his nose against mine. He wrapped me in a big hug.
I had realized that this was the beginning of a new era, Spencer and I as parents. Everything I had ever wanted was right here with me.