Chapter 14: Promise me

*3 months after the date*

Spencer and I had been doing well. Wedding planing had taken advantage of my schedule. The hospital I worked at was slow, not much really happened like it did in Seattle. Spencer and I decided on a small wedding with just his team and mom, and then a few people from Seattle for me, we chose October 26th, which was tomorrow. I stared out the window looking outside.
Almost 2 months ago I met his mother, we spent two days with her.

"Don't be nervous." Spencer said while rubbing my shoulder. "I know! It's different. I just hope she likes me." I sighed. "She'll love you." Spencer and I walked to her room. "Diana, you have visitors." The nurse said. "Spencer! This must be Lexie!" She said while hugging me. "I'm so happy to finally meet you!" I said. "My Spencer talks to fondly of you! I had to meet the woman that made him so happy." Diana spoke.

"Lex?" Spencer said while walking towards me. I shook my head and looked towards his bright hazel eyes. "Can you believe we're getting married tomorrow?" I asked him. He wrapped his arms around me. I tilted my head back towards his neck. "It's hard to believe, but it is really happening." He smiled. "I know." I spoke softly.
I never really thought I would be this happy again, after everything that's happened. Spencer completed me. We always said that we were the other half of each other.
"It's really dumb that their separating us." Spencer said, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Exactly!"
I replied. I walked over towards our bed to finish packing my overnight back. "I'm not that traditional on events but usually it's a sign of good luck. Even if it doesn't make any sense. Besides what are we even going to do?" "Derek will make us go to a bar and I rarely ever drink." Spencer sighed. "I really hope Cristina and Meredith don't do anything extravagant." I said. "What if we ran away for the night and came back in the morning?" I said dramatically.
Spencer perked his head up to my comment. He walked over to me and pulled me into him. "I think Garcia would kill me." He chuckled. "I like the idea though, it's very Renaissance." He said. I raised my eyebrows and shrugged. "The idea is exciting. I think we both would prefer leaving for the night instead of being forced into drinking games."
"Most definitely Dr. Reid." I laughed. "I have a question." Spencer said while finishing up his bag. "I'm not sure actually, if I take Reid then we'll both be Dr. Reid. I was thinking Grey-Reid." I replied.
Spencer laughed. I picked up my bag and walked to the front door with him. "I like that." He admitted. "Like what?" I asked. "Grey-Reid." He replied. I smiled. Spencer locked the door from behind him. We walked down the stairs towards the lobby. "Lexipedia!" Cristina said with a tiny liquor bottle in her hand. Spencer held in his laugh. "Well, see you tomorrow." I said while turning to him. "Hurry up Lexie!" Jo yelled. I gave them a intense look. All 3 of them turned around and played dumb. Spencer put cuffed my cheek. "Have fun but not too much fun." I laughed jokingly. "Same goes for you." He laughed.
———-
"Morning." Meredith said while staring over me. I blinked around. "What even happened?" I groaned. "You and Spencer got sappy then we took you back here. We drank a lot of tequila." She said while smiling and raising her coffee cup. I slapped my forehead due to the throbbing pain. I walked towards the bathroom to see Cristina laying there in the tub. "Mer." I said quietly. Meredith walked in and put her hand up to her mouth to prevent her from laughing. Meredith grabbed her phone from her pocket and took a picture of the snoring Cristina.
"Where's Jo?" I asked while shutting the door. "Next door with Alex."
"And Derek?"
"He went to get coffee." Meredith replied. I rubbed my forehead. It's ironic on how a person who never forgets, forgets everything that happened last night.
"So did we all black out?" I asked while trying to straighten myself up. "I think so. But Cristina and I get wasted almost every day." Meredith shrugged. Of course. I sighed and looked myself in the mirror.

Meredith drove us to the venue Spencer and I booked. I wanted an outside wedding but Spencer refused, I thought it was funny to say the least.
We got into the bridal area and started getting ready. "Hey mer." I said while coming out of the bathroom in my robe. Meredith lifted her head. "Can you see if Spencer is here yet? Also grab a woman named Penelope." I said while shaking my body. Shaking away the metaphorical gitters. Meredith threw two thumbs up and left. Cristina and Jo had already got their bridesmaid dresses on. "These dresses are hideous." Cristina mumbled. "Because their not black?" I said while staring at her. She made a fake smile. Jo giggled and continued putting her makeup on.
Meredith had returned with Penelope. "Hello bride of boy wonder." Penelope giggled while pulling me into a hug.
"Could you do my makeup and hair?" I asked. "Of course! What are bff's for??" She laughed while going through her bag.
Over the last 3 months, Penelope and I developed a great bond. JJ and Emily also became close friends but Penelope and I just hit it off instantly. "Let me put my bridesmaid dress on then I'll come help!" She said quickly. I laughed.

After that, my hair and makeup was done. I changed into my dress. It was an A-line silky white and has lacey sleeves. I took a deep breath. I came out and Penelope started clapping. "Wow. You look so grown up." Meredith said happily. I smiled. "Is Derek ready?" I asked her nervous. She nodded.
Derek had offered to walk me down, he had sort of became that father figure and brother I never had. Better than Thatcher ever was.
All my bridesmaids had claimed their spots at the top of the aisle. "You ready?" Derek asked me. I nodded and thanked him for walking me. Everyone stood up. I smiled walking. Bailey, Webber, Alex, Arizona, Callie looked at me proud. Spencer's mom smiled.
My eyes met Spencer's. A tear slowly ran down his cheek and a smile plastered on his face. Derek handed me off to Spencer. He held my hands and stared into my eyes. Rossi has officiated the wedding. His words drowned out as I stared into Spencer's eyes. Never breaking eye contact.
It was like the whole world was spinning around us. Spencer slid my ring onto my finger as I slid his onto his finger.
"You make now kiss the bride." Dave said happily.
Spencer pulled me into him, his hand wrapped around my head, kissing me passionately. Our kids lingered for a few seconds before I broke our kiss and faced the crowd smiling with Spencer's hand in mine.