In the Night [Carol, Wanda, Natasha]

After getting dumped, your coworker, Wanda gives you two nights to remember.

The night went great at first, your girlfriend had taken you out for a date at a fancy restaurant. But when she told you the real reason she took you out, you wanted to cry. Having taken you out just to dump you, you were heartbroken. So you rightfully walked out of the restaurant, not even caring that it was nine-thirty at night. You wanted to get out of there as fast as you could, not wanting to be in the cold for too long. Thankfully, your apartment was only a mile away, so it wasn't that much of a walk. The area was peaceful, and so you really didn't mind. Plus, it gave you time to think.

"Fucking hell," you groaned, wishing you had brought a jacket out with you. But of course, you didn't expect to have to walk home. Wanting to get home and cuddle up with your cat, Smokey, but as you continued you noticed a figure approaching you. Normally, you'd cross the street, not wanting to bump into someone, but tonight you didn't care.

You were trying to hold back tears as the person got closer, and when you finally walked passed, the woman stopped you. "Hey, are you okay?" she asked, which made you confused. How would she know you were even upset, it wasn't light out - the reason it wasn't pitch black out was do to the street lamps every few feet.

"Y-yeah, uh," you began, but the woman cut you off.

"(Your Name)?" you met the woman's eyes, realizing that it was one of your coworkers. Lovely. "What're you doing out so late? And without a jacket?"

"I was, well, I just went out for a walk. Didn't realize I'd be out this long," you lied. "What're you doing out here?"

"Just came back from a friend's house. Since Halloween is in two days, we're hosting an annual party a bunch of my friends put together! We have one the night before for just close friends, and then on Halloween is bigger. Hey, I know we don't know each other well, but if you'd like to come for both, you're more than welcome to!"

"I'm not sur-"

"There's free food for both days,"

"Alright, I'm in. Text me the address, yeah?" you asked with a sigh. Free food was usually the reasons you went any other party. But with Wanda telling you this, you figured she was fine with you just coming for the free food.

"Of course!"

Before leaving, she texted you the address. Telling her you couldn't wait, you began your walk home again. Usually you weren't a party-goer, but you had to admit, you've always had a tiny crush on Wanda. You had met her on your first day at work in the used bookstore three months ago, but never had a chance to get to know her. Now, newly single, you thought it'd be nice to at least become friends.

That night you picked out your favorite skirt, and a graphic-t of a band you used to listen to in high school. You wanted to feel comfortable, and you were becoming anxious by the minute. Maybe it was a costume party? Maybe you should text Wanda and find out. No, that would be bugging, and you didn't want to bug her. All of these thoughts ran through your head, and you knew they were unnecessary. You've worked with this woman for three whole months, but why was she only trying to be friends now?

---

The next day came quick, and by the time five o'clock came around, you were ready to head out. Typing the address into Google maps, you realized it was a half an hour away, so you grabbed a light snack and headed out. You got there at five-forty-five, and as you finished up your bag of chips you brought, you silently hoped she didn't give you the wrong address.

Locking up your car, you made your way up the stairs, and you were surprised she gave you the address to this place. It was bigger than any of the other houses on the street, and usually you'd stay away from places like this. A part of you told yourself to run away, like the characters you always yell at in horror movies. But today you were throwing it all out of the window, what did you have to lose?