𝐑𝐇 19: 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐓

Start from the beginning

Ashley sat back just as perplexed as I was. "It's hard to tell then. I don't know what to tell you this time, friend." She says. Yeah, I knew that much.

"I'm going to try to text her again, just to see if we still are on for today. I don't think she would count herself out because she's really serious about it, but knowing me, I will tell her to not come in a heartbeat."

It never failed. I was always running away when I didn't have full control or my nerves won me over. Just as I was going to message her, my heart nearly skipped a beat and dropped down to my stomach, seeing her message jump the screen.

Compared to my multiple messages on my side, her one single bubble stood out, blandly. She wants to kill me, I read right through the four words.

"She's coming, please don't leave. I don't want to die." I dropped my phone back in my lap before turning to Ashley.

She looked at me with a frown, putting her hands on my shoulders cautiously. "You're not going to die, what are you talking about? You need some water?"

"Stop talking to me like I'm psychotic." I threw her hands back off, clenching my jaws. "Look at this,"

"'Be there in thirty'?" She read Onika's message out loud as I pushed the phone in her face. I nod, cutting my phone off then and facing her with crossed legs. "I'm getting a bad feeling about this. I'm not crazy, that's her."

This only makes Ashley laugh, as though I was signing out the side of my neck. I know I was complaining like so, but Onika was risky.

"Could you stop laughing, please?"

"Okay, okay! I'm sorry. You're just—" She breaks to sniffle her laughter. "—So cute. Look at you, about to cry because your girlfriend isn't talking to you. Now you're afraid she's about to pop up and demolish that ass."

I sighed dissatisfied, turning away from Ashley's hysterical state. "She's not my girlfriend, quit saying that."

"Oh, yeah, right. Because isn't Miracle? By the way, how is she? You haven't spoken about her in a few days now. I'm assuming because Onika is back?"

"No, I was just with her last night. I really do like Miracle, a lot. She's considerate and I vibe with her every time we're together. But you know, I have to eventually find a stopping point with the situation with Nika because Miracle and I are on to a dating path and I'm not there with Nika. She only wants sex from me, romance-wise, and while she flaunts her relationship with pretty boy all over the web. I can't do that to Miracle, not after we've made progress and admitted hard feelings."

"So you're going to drop Nicki for her?" Ashley questioned, not so offensively, but in a genuine wonderous way. I shook my head, taking a few fingers through my wild hair before scratching at it unruly.

Today was a lazy day, and I was sulking, on top of it.

"I'm not dropping anyone. We're still going to be friends and hopefully close enough. Just not intimate."

Ashley snuffed up a small chuckle which I sighed at. I know already what's coming. My answer was already set. "And you're going to be ready to cut those ties with her that quick? I'm not trying to intervene where boundaries are placed, but just watching how you've shaped up over the month in a different way because of Nicki, I see how serious you are about her. You just always look so happy when you're around her or when she's the topic of discussion. It's not that normal type of normal glow either, it's so sympathetic seeing you like that about her. I guess your chemistry with her had a lot to do with, but I'm trying to understand if you're really about to let that affection go because someone else stepped in when y'all are still figuring stuff out."