[2] The Kidnapping

A/N: Hi so now the colours of the chapter banners have meaning. Um, I won't say anything about it for now, so y'all can go speculate about it or something. Thank you to a friend for suggesting this ;D.
[Name]'s familiarity will be explained some time in the future as well ^^

【 - - - - - ✽ - - - - -】

It never came.

Only a faint screech, before all fell silent.

You slowly open your eyes, and vaguely register a familiar figure, before falling into the deep embrace of unconsciousness. He spoke something to you, but you didn't register what he'd said. So you just smiled weakly.

【 - - - - - ✽ - - - - -】

When you regained consciousness, the sun had already risen. You blinked the sleep out of your eyes before realising that, no, you were not in your room. "Oh," someone (the white-haired guy? The voice seemed familiar) said, "she's awake." He turned to you (who was in the process of sitting up) before saying, "Do I know you?"

"Nah~! You don't!! But I know you!" You giggle and hop off the bed, and took a look around. It seemed you were in a drab little room. The only other presence other than the white-haired man was a tired-looking female. She had long brown hair, a white lab coat, and also was quite familiar. "Oh, is that so?" The white-haired man said, "Then, what's my name?"

You hum, close your eyes, and tap your head. Brain, it would be a good time to start working, you thought. Hm... Oh-!! "Hehe~!! My memory is the best!" You giggle, pointing to the white-haired man, "YOU-!!" You take in a dramatic gasp, and feel like you're an amazing detective who finally figured out something. "YOU'RE GOJOU!! AND YOU-!!" You turn, pointing at the woman, "YOU ARE... YOU ARE-!! YOU ARE IEIRI!! I'M RIGHT, AREN'T I?!"

You giggle again, and take in the slight shock on their faces. Ieiri recovers first, Gojou following soon after. "Would you mind sharing with us how you know?" Ieiri says, and you nod your head.

"IT'S-!! IT'S BECAUSE I'M ALL-KNOWING [SURNAME] [NAME]!! HEHE~!!" A smile spreads across your face again, and Ieiri sighs. "WHERE ARE WE, ANYWAYS?! What do you want from [Name]~?!"

"Look... kid," this time it was Gojou who spoke, "firstly, your mother is... Well she's dead, aren't you traumatised or something..?

"Oh-" You spoke, but Gojou cut you off.

"Secondly... I don't know how you know us, and for some reason I feel like I should know you too. Who exactly are you?"

"I-"

"THIRDLY," he cut you off again, "you seem to be... cursed..? I don't really know how to put it, but it seems similar to that. You can see curses, yes?"

"Ye-"

"FOURTHLY-!!"

"STOP INTERRUP-!!"

"No wait, there's no fourthly. I just wanted to in-"

You hiss at him. "I'LL ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS IF-!!"

"..."

"..."

"If..?"

"Shush, the amazing [Name] is thinking... I'll answer your questions if... If you promise to not talk for the next hour-!!" You say, triumphantly. He nods, before gesturing to you to speak.

"Um, what were the questions again..?"

"Your-" He begins, but you cut him off.

"HAHA-!! YOU'VE BEEN OUTSMARTED!! YOU PROMISED NOT TO TALK FOR THE NEXT HOUR, AND NOW I DON'T NEED TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS~!! YOU FORGOT ABOUT WHEN I SAID THAT I HAD AN AMAZING MEMORY" You shout, with a victorious smile. "YOU, THE 'GREATEST SORCERER', HAS BEEN OUTSMARTED BY A CHILD!!" You stick your tongue out at him.

"Oh um, by the way, what do you want from me? You didn't answer my question before." You spoke. Gojou was frozen, seemingly contemplating his life choices, so Ieiri spoke. You'd almost forgotten that she was there. "Well, since your mother died, we thought we'd take you in. As mentioned before, you can also see curses, and not many people can. Maybe you'll grow up to be a strong Jujutsu sorcerer."

You give her a light smile before shaking your head. "Nah~!! I'm not cut out for fighting." You pinch your stick-like arm. "The great [Name] prefers a peaceful life."

"You can learn."

"No, I really can't. He," you point to Gojou, who snaps out of his daze, "he knows. He saw me frozen with fear at that curse."

"WELL," Gojou suddenly shouts, "I'VE ALREADY KIDNAPPED YOU, SO THERE'S NO GOING BACK NOW!!"

You hiss at him again. "I hate you."

【 - - - - - ✽ - - - - -】

Gojou had left soon after, something about going to buy some kikufuku mochi. So you were alone with Ieiri, who didn't seem like she wanted to partake in any conversation with you. "So..." You began, and Ieiri ignored you. "Haha... Come on, talk to me!! What am I supposed to do? What do I do other than killing curses? Isn't it illegal to kidnap someone?"

She sighed. "I'll answer some of your questions if you stop bothering me afterwards." To that, you nod eagerly. "We'll decide on what you're going to be doing. First, we need to identify you and your curse. It seems different, but we haven't really tested that yet. You'll either agree to become a sorcerer, or become a window."

You nod, and put a finger to your chin, acting like you were thinking about something important. "Why?"

"Because we don't have enough people to deal with everything."

"Why?"

"People who see curses are rare."

"Why?"

"People don't even know curses exist, and there's no need for their bodies to develop to be able to see curses."

"But I can see them."

"It doesn't mean other people can."

"Bu-"

"Look, just read these books, and stop talking." Ieiri looks like she's completely done with you, and hands you some random books from a tiny shelf in the room. You look at the covers of the books; Jujutsu Clans, A Simple Guide to Curses, A Complex Guide to Curses, Cursed Energy. You sigh at having to read stuff you already know about, but it'd probably be best to stop bothering Ieiri.

Ieiri sighed in relief knowing that you wouldn't be bothering her anytime soon.

【 - - - - - ✽ - - - - -】

SPECIAL:

"Gojou."

"Yes..?"

"Are you aware of..."

"OKAY, okay... I won't be late again, I swear!!"

"No, not that. You were assigned to exorcize a curse. Why on earth did you kidnap a child."

【 - - - - - ✽ - - - - -】

A/N: Hi, sorry for the relatively short chapter. Didn't really know what to include. Um, is anyone OOC? I tried to do some research. Also, does anyone know when Yuuta left for his mission?