-Yeah, go. 

Chimney frowned, surprised by Bobby's fast and unusual answer when it used to be hard to convince him to do such a stupid thing. He didn't wait much longer and took a helmet and harness and put them on. He climbed over the pit and sent a reassuring look to the young firefighter. He disappeared underground. 

The earth became, with the water, a cold and sticky quagmire. Each step could end with a violent and humiliating fall, but it wasn't the matter at this point. The emergency was to save the little boy and bring him back to his mother, waiting for him, praying God to let him live. And the emergency was to pull off Eddie from his coffin. 

-Hey Buck, Bobby called him when seeing him starting to be impatient. I want you to stay calm and professional okay? We'll bring him back, and we'll do everything we can, I promise. 

Buck couldn't help but stare at the hole in the floor where Chimney was gone for a minute already. 

-That kid is all alone. He could drown, the firefighter suggested, worried. 

-I know you're worried for the kid; I know that. I also know you're not worried only for him. I need you as a firefighter, do we agree?

 Buck nodded, rushed by adrenaline, and walked back to Hen. 

-You got somethin'? 

-Nope. Coms are dead. Chim's down there, I guess. The next minutes are going to be tough. 

They both head spun to the pit where they could see the yellow rope holding their colleague. All the firefighters that were here were focused on the scene, holding their breath, and though the storm was getting worse, no one ran to shelter. The firefighters were the same entity. A team of brothers and sisters and two of them were missing. No way they could leave. 

Bobby leaned over the pit and illuminated the end of the hole with his lamp torch. It was just a dark and wet tunnel where a stinky smell emanated. He might have called; no one ever responded. 

-Cap! We're getting Chimney's signal! Screamed Henrietta running to them carefully. 

The three members of the 118 listened when Hen switched on the radio. 

-Chimney, do you copy? Called Bobby. 

They looked at each other, worried but also driven by a surge of hope. 

-Chimney, this is captain Nash. Do you copy? 

There were some interferences on the line and the silence.

-Cap? 

Bobby breathed in relief, and Hen smiled. Buck stayed stoic. 

-I hear you Chimney, what's going on down there? 

-Got the kid! Take us back! 

Buck and Hen rushed to the rope, and two men from firehouse 225 reached it simultaneously. Within five seconds, they pulled the forty meters of rope, and the Asian's helmet appeared, wearing a little body. When they both landed on Earth, all the firefighters clapped and breathed in relief. Some of them laughed nervously. Hen reached the boy and wrapped him in a blanket, carrying him to the back of the ambulance. His mother ran to him, finally smiling and crying with relief. 

-Chim! Buck called when helping him to get back on his feet. Where's Eddie? 

Chimney lifter his head in peace. 

-He's doing well. He's down there. He asks for us to send him a rope, then we'll bring him back. 

Buck nodded, finally seeing the light in the darkness. As soon as Chimney pulled his harness, Buck took it and threw it in the pit with the rope they were already holding.