Chapter 23 : Adjustments

Mulai dari awal

"More or less." Finn replied, then gave a smile as if recalling a fond memory. "I gave him a good scare, that's for sure. Though I am a bit disappointed, since he didn't put up much of a fight."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Levi asked, he was finally free from Mike's firm grip.

"I think it's partly my fault this happened, but I didn't expect anything like this to happen." Jean said.

Erwin raised an eyebrow. "Go on."

"Some minutes before the game, we almost had a fight, well, Eren and the bastard almost fought. Almost."

"We get it, you don't have to be so specific." Eren huffed in irritation.

"I broke it up before it could start and well, that's it." Jean concluded.

"And you," Erwin gestured towards Finn, "decided to take matters into your own hands. Isn't that right?"

"More or less." He replied again. He gave a small frown."Though I wished I would've burst his lip or something along that line to prevent him from talking."

"Ryder." Mike warned. "Mind your choice of words, because I'm getting pissed off as well."

"Why're you all so worried. If it comes down to it, we're not going to be sanctioned or anything like that."

"And what makes you say that?" Thomas spoke, for the first time.

"Because, I've already sent a video of what that loser (Ikemoto) tried to do to Jean and Eren to the basketball higher-ups. That was also unprofessionalism. And I can assure you, any hope that Ikemoto has for playing basketball, professionally, has been dashed into the wind. Really, it's only a matter of time before it's announced."

Finn cracked his knuckles with his hand and leaned back on the bench, waiting to hear their response.

"While I have a very hard time believing this-"

"Very f*cking hard!" Levi interrupted.

Erwin, sighed a bit at being interrupted but continued nonetheless. "Yes, very difficult indeed. I have a good mind to give you some corrections and I intend to fully do so. You can't always do what you want whenever you want and however you want,. You need to learn restraint and humility, Finn Ryder. You give off the impression of being coolheaded at first glance, but your actions are the most unpredictable and the most dangerous. I, personally find you interesting but, I cannot let it be at the expense of Trost's basketball team."

"Cut me some slack Coach. I should have some freedom being the best player on this team." Finn said, lazily.

Eren, Jean and Reiner coughed simultaneously at Finn's statement.

"Is that so?" Erwin asked.

"I'm not bragging, that's just what it is. I mean c'mon Coach, don't think I haven't noticed why you always put me on the bench. I'm not dumb, on the contrary, I'm pretty smart." Finn chuckled.

"Another thing you need to keep in check is that arrogance of yours." Eren mumbled, although a bit audibly.

"It's not really arrogance. If you're the best and you know it, then what's so wrong in claiming that title. It's not like it's a lie so there's nothing wrong." Finn replied.

An angry tick mark showed itself on Eren's forehead. He was about to lash out before Armin stopped him.

"Don't take his word for it Eren. He is a master at wordplay, probably almost as good as I am. He knows exactly what buttons to push." Armin said.