(12.)

Jordan

The next morning, I find myself laying in bed staring at the ceiling. Next week we officially start classes, then team media day is the following week, as well as due dates for physicals, and Melo's 19th birthday is tomorrow. Ah, the good life.

My roommate, Jenna Gordon, moved in last night. She's a freshman Small Forward with black hair and gray eyes. She has a couple freckles coating the middle of her face. She's about 5'11", 150 pounds. We'll see come physical time because that's just an estimate for me.

She is pretty cool though. She's from Miami, Florida and she grew up a Miami Heat fan. She claims that her team is the best but I don't know. It's not really my place to say.

I told her that I was a Brooklyn Nets fan, despite living out here in Cali and my brothers playing for different teams. Robin was traded to the Washington Wizards but Brook is still with the Bucks. No matter where I go though, Brooklyn will always have a special place in my heart.

But yeah, we talked a little bit last night. She told me about her boyfriend, Maximilian, who goes to Syracuse. He's a Sophomore like me. I asked her why didn't she go to school there and she told me that if they did they would've had to agree to see other people. I don't necessarily understand the logic behind that, but okay.

I told her I was in a relationship with someone, but I didn't give a name. I just said he's well known and that we're doing long distance at the moment. That's all she needs to know.

I don't know her like that.

*****

Later on, I find myself at the athletic facility's doctors office getting a new physical. It has to be renewed every season because the NCAA requires it. So that's what I'm doing right now. Kyra is in there at the moment, then Alissa goes, then Jenna will go, then myself.

We needed to have a set system as to how we were going to get the physicals done safely. So Coach Mark decided to have four girls go a day, starting with Freshman and Sophomore's, then Junior's and Seniors.

We'd have to sit in a waiting room, all socially distant with our masks on and a manila folder in our hand. You better hope you bring some entertainment because it's going to be quite a wait.

I'm waiting for about two hours before it's finally my turn. The rest of the girls went home, even though Jenna vouched to wait for me but I told her to go anyway. I assume she's trying to get into my good graces so I don't give her the Rookie treatment. Even if she isn't getting it from me, she's getting it from the other girls. And plus, I really can't do much because I was in her exact same shoes last year.

I enter Dr. Wilson's office.

"Good afternoon Jordan." She greets me. "You're my last one for today right?"

I nod.

"Alright then. Let's get to it." She said, sanitizing her hands before putting some gloves on.

I place my folder on her desk and take off my shoes. She gets whatever she needs ready and I sit in the chair by the door, waiting.

"We're gonna start with physical stuff first. Height, weight, etc." She said, getting the scale ready. "Come over this way."

I stand up, walking toward the scale. She has me stand on it, facing the measurement side. I watch the electronic machine tell me how much I weigh.

"134 pounds. That's good for your height." She said. "It's one pound less than what you weighed last year though."

I step down off the machine, standing in front of the stadiometer (it's the scientific term for that ruler doctors use to measure height). She places the sliding headpiece against the top of my head.