"Give me a minute," she told Nate, jumping out of his embrace. She made her way through the crowd swiftly and biting on the inside of her cheek, she tapped on Bellamy's shoulder. He turned away from Clarke immediately, looking at her instead. She raised her eyebrows in question, feeling her heart hammering against her chest from the nerves. 

A smile broke through on Bellamy's face, one that was so bright and joyful the stars in the sky seemed to pale in comparison to it. "I'm pardoned," he said, which was all she needed to hear to let out a soft squeal of happiness. He raised one of his eyebrows, his expression amused. 

She let out a cough, straightening her back and putting on a fake expression of disappointment. "I mean, what a bummer," she said. "I would have really enjoyed getting rid of you."

"Sure thing, sweetheart," he said, letting out a good-humoured scoff. 

Clarke cleared her throat more loudly than was necessary, drawing both Bellamy's and Katherine's attention to the girl. It was only then that Katherine noticed that the girl looked as if she hadn't slept in a million years with the dark bags under her eyes and the seemingly permanent frown between her eyebrows. "I've got some bandages that need changing, but good night."

"Good night, Clarke," Katherine said with a soft smile. She watched the girl disappearing in Finn's tent, feeling for her. That thought soon disappeared as she felt Bellamy grab her hand, his warm and rough hand a stark contrast with her cold and soft one. She looked up so fast that she pulled a muscle in her neck, though she hardly felt any pain. The only thing she noticed was the low ringing sound of blood whizzing through her ears. 

"Come with me? I've got to show you something," Bellamy said, softly pulling her behind him. 

"The whole use of your question kind of disappears when you do it anyway," she said wittily, though it was not half as snappy as she could be. She hid her smile as he looked over his shoulder like he could shoot her between the eyes that very moment, feeling very content.

He guided her through one of the secret gates of Camp, not ever letting go of her hand. She barely noticed her surroundings, but she was painfully aware of the way her stomach seemed to churn like she'd eaten something that had expired a long time ago, which she hated. Before, she'd been able to push it away, but since the last couple of days, Bellamy hadn't done anything that would give her a reason to. 

They walked only a little distance from camp, to a seemingly random clearing in the middle of the woods. There, he let go of her hand, which instantly felt cold again, maybe even colder than it had before. Now, however, she had all the space and time in the world to focus on her surroundings, which looked breathtaking. The ground was covered with radiant moss, giving the place a radiant blue glow. Countless little fireflies were surrounding them as well, their bodies giving off a soft yellow glow. 

"Look," Bellamy said, catching her attention again. He was pointing to the sky and curiously she followed the direction of his finger. She had to squint hard and really focus, digging back far in her memories to the last time she'd ever read an astrology book, but all of a sudden the pattern appeared to her as if those specific stars were shining brighter than their brothers and sisters. 

"Orion," she breathed in amazement. From the Ark, the constellation was hardly ever visible, even with the help of telescopes, but here on Earth, it glowed clear and beautiful. Though the planet had brought loads of harm and stress, Katherine loved it nevertheless. 

"Artemis' only hunting companion," Bellamy said softly. She felt his eyes burn to the side of her face, as if he was trying to scan every inch. "I thought you might like it."

"It's beautiful," she replied, smiling so big the corners of her mouth started to hurt. Slowly, she turned her head so she could meet the endless pools that were his eyes. The soft glow from the fireflies gave his face an even more complex look. With the ever-changing focus of light, so changed his different expressions and angles. Her heart leapt.