"You should be able to rest on that sofa with this," Abel said, tossing over a couple of blankets. "The kitchen stuff arrives around noon so you have to prepare yourself before then. You can use the shower at will."

"Ok thanks." Soma nods.

"See you... don't oversleep Yukihira." Abel warns before leaving the shop.

"From what I saw of your work today, it'd be better if you weren't here." Shinomiya criticized. "My success in Japan depends on the pre-opening."

Soma stayed silent and listened.

"But you being a student have it way easier don't you?" Chef Shinomiya continues. "We're letting more customers in from tomorrow on. The amount of work should be twice or more what we had today."

"If you continue working like you did today, on the last, you won't have a place here."

The restaurant was quiet and empty. Soma took the other staff's criticism to heart and lied unmoving on the sofa.

"That was tough to watch." A voice came from the kitchen.

"Why are you still here, sis?" Soma abruptly sat up in shock. "I thought you left already."

"And go where exactly?" Yumi rolled her eyes and sat down next to him. "I came back to Japan in a hurry and didn't have time to find a place to crash, I barely got any sleep during the first stage and then they suddenly informed me that there was a second stage and transferred me here via car."

"So in short I have nowhere to go." Yumi crossed her arms. "I can leave if you want. I can sleep practically anywhere these days."

"Nah, stay. I don't mind the company." Soma shook his head. "By the way, how do you cut the fish?" He asked casually.

"Why is cooking still on your mind?" Yumi sighs then get off the couch and heads to the kitchen. "As the older more mature twin I should tell you to sleep but..." She waved at him to follow. "You won't die from an all-nighter."

************

"How many times do I have to tell you!" Yumi yells. "Just copy my hand movements."

"You're a terrible teacher!" Soma shouts back. "How am I supposed to practice without having the ingredients in front of me!"

"As if we can waste food just so you can practice," Yumi chides him. "Use that puny small brain of yours to picture it in front of you." With a knife in hand, she made a bunch of invisible cuts in the air. "Like this!"

No matter how stupid this feels or looks, Soma begrudgingly listens and follows along.

"Good just remember the thickness and length of the cuts differ depending on the ingredient and the dish. 'Pont neuf', 'Allumette' and, 'Paille' for potatoes. And 'Medaillon', 'Darne', 'Troncon', and 'Escalope' for fish." Yumi said then took a deep breath, and spoke in a calmer tone, "Don't be disheartened if you can't do well on the first few days. The environment you're standing in is completely different from the one you're used to."

"Observe and adapt to your surroundings and you'll be fine"

***********

"Great job," Yumi praised patting her brother on the back. "You're starting to fit in."

"Yep, you too," Soma said. "Good job for today."

"Just today? I do well every day." Yumi said defensively.

"You two don't have time for a breather, the true challenge begins now," Shinomiya said. "Tomorrow will be the final day, make no mistakes."

"Of course."