✔Chapter XII - The cursed Prince

Start from the beginning

"I am already refreshed, Alonzo." He smirked and Seraphina eyed her hand still in his grip, she slowly pulled it back.

"Say, princess," He said almost slyly and Seraphina looked at him, "Are you happy with this marriage?" He asked and Seraphina looked down at her hands.

"You're not?" He asked dramatically, "That's so sad. Well, it isn't a surprise since our Prince Demian isn't fond of relations and with a human bride now, I can imagine the situation you'd be going through." He said and Seraphina couldn't understand what he was trying to get at.

"My Princess, it hurts my heart to see you like this." He said and Seraphina noticed the pained expression on his face, "If only I could do something to help you." He said and Seraphina raised her eyebrows. He could help her? How? Get her out of here?

"To help me?" She asked and he nodded with a smile.

"Yes, I will do anything in my power." He said, "I'm a Duke so, anything that you desire could be fulfilled."

Seraphina for a moment thought about it and wondered if this guy could help her and Celia escape the castle and safely escort them to their respective nations. His offer seemed quite tempting yet, she knew it was quite a difficult feat to perform even for a Duke. Helping a bride of a dragon prince escape would be more or less a treason and that could bring him in great trouble but then again, he was Princess Zenith's brother. Seraphina kept thinking until she heard Casian's smooth voice again.

"I can be of your service any time, my princess. All you have to do is just call for me." He said with a seductive smile and then he straightened up and walked away.

***

Finally, the marriage reception came to an end and Seraphina was exhausted and she didn't want anything but to tear down the dress and her accessories.

Demian stood up and Seraphina followed his suit then, he announced with a smile that never reached his eyes, "Pardon ladies and gentlemen, my bride and I would like to return to our quarter since the day had exhausted both of us."

With that, Demian turned gesturing Seraphina to follow him and led her out of the ground. Before exiting he motioned the Steward and Celia to come along.

All the way to the carriage, Demian dragged Seraphina and Seraphina in her long robes tried not to trip and tear it.

"Will you slow down?" She asked.

"No."

"It's hard to walk in this heavy dress!"

"Just tear it down then." He hissed as he entered the carriage.

"Oh! I'd love to but what if someone see me tearing off the dress and complain to your bro-His Highness?"

Demian's sharp gaze shifted on her and she wondered if Master Valentine had told him anything about their deal or not. She was expecting to hear something but he simply turned his head away. Or wait, did he hear the conversation between Duke Casian and her? That would really mess up the matters.

What the hell?

They reached the castle, a great number of dragon soldiers following behind them. Demian got out and departed. He didn't even help her to get down from their ride. Not that she needed anyone's help but, never mind, she had known he was rude. She was given a task and she would only follow it. It wasn't like she wanted any of Demian's attention or anything.

Did she?

"Straight!" Celia hissed as she joined her.

"But I am tired." Seraphina complained which earned a glare from Celia.