Brand new

The betting shop were filled with people, all the workers taking care of the men who wanted to bet on the horses. The whole Shelby family was there, including Michael. Ada and Polly helped outside and the rest kept to their office and went over all the books. 

John sat and kept glancing on his secretary, her name was Fiona and numerous times during his office hours he imagined her bent over his desk, pushing up the skirt revealing more of the stockings she continued to discreetly show him. She wore a dress that ended just above the knee and her chest was rather open, revealing a little cleavage. They had fucked a few times after hours at work and nothing about Fiona spoke of distaste of that fact. 

"Need anything Mr. Shelby?" Fiona asked, biting her bottom lip as he walked out from his office. He smirked as he placed his hands however before he could answer Tommy shouted his name.

"My office John!" His voice boomed over the sound of the chatting men inside. 

"Meet me in my office later," John said and winked at her, earning a giggle as she nodded. He walked into his brothers office, closing the door behind him.

"I wanted to talk to you about your secretary," Tommy began and John smirked boyishly. 

"Giving her a raise?" John asked.

"I think you've given her enough raise these past months she's been here." Tommy began and John only wiggled his brows. "That's why I'm firing her," He continued.

"What?" John raised his voice. "She's doing an amazing job," He added and Tommy raised his brow.

"She's fumbling with the books before you're not doing your job," Tommy said and John frowned. "You spend more time by drooling over your secretary and sleeping with her than doing your job," He continued.

"That's not true," John said as Tommy lit his cigarette.

"I've hired a new secretary for you," Tommy said and John groaned. "Mrs. Davies," He added and John groaned once more thinking about an older woman with glasses and long skirts with wrinkly legs. 

"Mrs. Davies, you're getting rid of Fiona to hire an old gran," John complained.

"She's not-" Tommy tried to continue yet John got up, irritated and mumbling words under his breath.

 "Sounds more like Shelby knitting and mittens Inc." He continued and walked towards the door as Tommy rolled his eyes. 

"She's here at three o'clock!" Tommy yelled after him, walking to the doorstep watching as John walked into his office and slamming the door shut. His younger brothers actions only made him more secure in his choice to get rid of Fiona.

"Fiona, my office," Tommy spoke and the young womans eyes widen slightly as she got up and walked towards her boss office. Her other colleagues watched her walk of shame. They all knew about what had happen between her and John. Fiona had bragged about it as they drank tea. Polly only glaring at her over her shoulder as she tried to contain her smile as she looked at Ada.

As the clock struck three, the office was empty. The customers had left and the workers either had a late lunch or had been sent home for the day. The Shelby family and Michael was in Tommy's office ending their family meeting as the sound of the doorbell rang, revealing that someone entered. The sound of heels clicking on the floor filled the silence and soon they all saw a young woman standing by the door. She wore a long black coat with a matching black skirt that ended mid thigh and a white blouse button up, black heels and thin stockings.

"I'm here to meet Mr. Shelby, Thomas Shelby," The woman spoke and Tommy nodded and motioned for her to enter the room with the rest. "I'm here for the secretary job," She continued and John's smile widen.

"Ah Mrs. Davies," Tommy said.

"Actually it's Miss. Y/N Harris," She said and Tommy frowned. "I got divorced two days ago. Harris is my maiden name," She explained and John couldn't be happier. A young, attractive woman who recently got single was yet again placed in his arms.

"Why did you get a divorce? If you don't mind me asking," Polly asked.

"I don't have time for cheating husbands that doesn't allow me to work, own my own money and do something useful with my education," Y/N answered confidently and Polly smiled, liking the strong independent woman. Y/N didn't seem at all disturbed by the fact that she was among a majority of men. Most women who worked here had problem with being alone with one of the Shelby brothers.

"You will be John's secretary," Tommy nodded. "I'm glad you could get started so quickly," He added and she nodded.

"Very nice to meet you, Miss." John said as he held out his hand. "You'll be working right under me," He said and the rest rolled their eyes at the comment.

"Nice to meet you as well," Y/N began. "I'm sure it will be great working by your side," She winked at him. Arthur only laughed as John blushed.

"Why don't you show her around, John." Tommy said and John nodded.

"Ladies first," John said and nodded towards the door.

"Lead the way," Y/N nodded with a smile and the rest of the family laughed as John blushed and walked outside with Y/N on his heel. Everyone in the room satisfied with the new addition to the company.