▹ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

Start from the beginning

"Nothing has changed," she told him, starting to walk again. "Do you think we can do a quick detour?"

"To what?" Din asked.

"My home."

"Of course," Din said, nodding. "But first, we need to find a job."

They entered the cantina and made their way over to the bar. Artemis' eyes glided around, remembering that this was the bar where she met Din all those years ago.

"Hey, droids," Din said to the droid that stood behind the bar. "We're hunters. We're looking for some work."

"Unfortunately, the Bounty Guild no longer operates from Tatooine," the droid replied.

"We're not looking for Guild work," Din said.

"I am afraid that does not improve your situation," the droid said, "at least, by my calculation."

"Think again, tin can," another voice said, making Din and Artemis turn around.

The one who had spoke was a rather young man who was sitting in a boot with his feet on the table.

"If you are looking for work, have a seat, my friends," the man continued, gesturing at the seats in front of him. "Name's Toro, Toro Calican. Come on, relax."

Din glanced at Artemis, who nodded. She felt no evil intentions from the man. The two made their way over to him and slid onto the seats.

Toro moved his feet off the table and placed a holoprojecor on it. It showed the face of a female bounty hunter.

"Picked up this Bounty Puck before I left the Mid Rim," Toro explained. "Fennec Shand, an Assassin. Heard she's been on the run ever since the New Republic put all her employers in lockdown."

"I know the name," Din said, while Artemis merely nodded. It wasn't the first time she had heard of Fennec Shand.

"I followed this tracking fob here," Toro continued, showing them the fob. "Now the positional data suggests she's headed out beyond the Dune Sea. Should be an easy job."

"Well, good luck with that," Din said, standing up.

"Wait, wait, wait, hey," Toro said. "I thought you needed work?"

"How long with the Guild?" Din asked him.

"Long enough," Toro retorted.

"Clearly not," Artemis spoke up, making both men look at her. "Fennec Shand is an elite mercenary. She made her name killing for all the top crime syndicates, including the Hutts. If you go after her, you won't make it past sunrise."

Artemis then turned around and walked with Din towards the door.

"This is my first job," Toro called after them, making them stop in their tracks. "You can keep the money, all of it," Toro added and both of them turned around to face him. "I just need this job to get into the Guild. I can't do it alone."

Din glanced at Artemis, who clearly showed him that it would be a bad idea. He then looked back at Toro.

"Meet us at Hangar three-five in half an hour. Bring three speeder bikes and give me the tracking fob."

Toro hit the tracking fob against the wall, destroying it.

"Don't worry, got it all memorized," Toro said, grinning.

"Half an hour," Din reminded him, then they headed back outside.

"Looks like the two of you are stuck with me now, partners!" Toro exclaimed after them, making Artemis sigh.