It's been quite a few hours since breakfast by now, and Salene is making her way into the café as we climb the stairs to the kitchen to organise and put away the produce. All of a sudden we hear a scream, and the pair of us quickly look at each other concerned before rushing up the stairs, placing the baskets on the tables and hurrying to Salene.

"Salene! What's the matter, are you alright? Why did you scream?" I ask as many of the others join us in the café. I look around to see what caused her to scream only to see rats. I sigh and pinch my nose, temper slowly rising as I turn to the boys with a death stare. The boys see my stare and have the decency to look ashamed.

"Who's turn was it to clean up after breakfast?" I seethe, and they put their hands up. "And why didn't you?" I continue.

"W-we erm, we forgot?" Jack tries, making my blood boil.

"How?! You could have done it as soon as everyone finished eating so that it would be done, but no! You decided to fiddle with that radio didn't you?" I exclaim, and he nods in shame.

"You're lucky I don't throw that thing off the roof! Because now we have rats, and you get to clean them up, Dal and the twins can help. And don't complain because you only have yourselves to blame. If anyone wants lunch, it'll have to wait until the café and kitchen are completely spotless," I tell them, and they begrudgingly move to begin cleaning.

I stand there with my face in my hands, wondering when Jack became so slack with this stuff. Martin could see my frustration and pulls me in, holding me until I calm down. This helps me a lot, and within a couple minutes my temper has diminished. I give Martin and thankful peck on the jaw, as that's all I could reach right now as close as I am to his chest, causing him to chuckle as he pulls away.

Salene has moved to sit in one of the chairs, and I send her to go have a shower to calm down since it'll be a while before the kids are done.

Because of the scream, the baby has begun crying and since Trudy hasn't moved, she hasn't stopped.

"Are you gonna settle her or shall I?" I retort, and she gives me a look but doesn't move, so I storm past her in a huff to get her, but pause.

"You need to name her soon Trudy, or Martin will do it for you, or even me," I tell her, tired of the irresponsibility. "And while you're at it, start behaving like you give a damn about this baby, and if you need something, ask."

With that I go to the baby and swiftly pick her up, holding her to my chest and bouncing her until she is just hiccupping. I wipe the tears from her little cheeks.

"Hey princess, it's ok," I coo. "But I think you need a nappy change, because you my love, are a bit stinky. I'll give you a clothe bath while I'm at it," I tell her, regardless that she can't answer me. Martin walks in at that moment.

"Here, pass her to me and I'll clean her up while you get a wet washcloth, and we can clothe bathe her before putting her in a new nappy," he instructs, and I smile before doing as he asks.

By the time I get back she's cleaned up with a new nappy laid out as he bounces her and makes her laugh.

"..Who's a pretty little princess? It'sss you!" He coos, booping her on the nose gently, making her gurgle happily. I smile at the sight before coming over, beginning to wiper her gently with the cloth.

She isn't particularly happy with it, making grumpy noises at me while I do it.

"I know, honey, I know, but we have to do it so you don't get all smelly. I'm nearly done bubba," I coo comfortingly, as she stops grumbling but still looks unhappy. I open up the nappy on the changing table and place her down, putting it on quickly and blowing a raspberry on her belly, making her giggle. I put her in a onesie with little feeties on them and then pick her up wrapping her in a small knitted blanket.