She Means Everything to Me- R.M.

rebekah mikaelson x female!reader, mentions of rebekah mikaelson x marcel gerard

warning: one sided love, really sad.

this is based off the song 'she' by dodie

---------------------------------------

Am I allowed to look at her like that

Could it be wrong when she's just so nice to look at

And she smells like lemongrass and sleep

She tastes like apple juice and peach

Oh, you would find her in a polaroid picture

And she means everything to me

Their love was forbidden, well to (Y/N) it was. Some people would find it weird, but she knew almost everything about Rebekah, that's because they were friends, but of course (Y/N) wanted to be more. She loved Rebekah, but she knew Rebekah did not return the feels.

But (Y/N) didn't want to tell anyone, because she wasn't allowed to see her in a romantic light. To her Rebekah was perfect, almost too perfect.

A smile was brought to (Y/N)'s face when she looked at the polaroid of the two. The picture had been taken in the 90's, right before she got daggered by her older brother Klaus. It was such a free-spirited time, she secretly wished she could go back to that time. Where it was just her and Rebekah, living life to the fullest.

I'd never tell

No I'd never say a word

And oh it aches

But it feels oddly good to hurt

(Y/N) would never share the secret of her feelings for her best friend. She would take that secret to her grave. And though it causes so much pain to keep that secret in, and watch Rebekah fall deeper in love with Marcel, she did. Because that's what a good friend does, she keeps her friend at her happiest, even if it's at her own extent. 

and I'll be okay

Admiring from afar

Cause even when she's next to me

We could not be more far apart

(Y/N) wanted to distance herself from Rebekah, but she couldn't. She knew it would hurt to much to leave her friend. Instead of distancing herself physically, she distanced herself emotionally. Closing herself off because she didn't want to feel the pain of watching the person she fell in love with, fall in love with someone else. She had came to a realization, even when they were right next to each other laughing over stories, they could not be more far apart. Something had changed.

And she knew it, but decided not to acknowledge it. It would be to painful.

Yes she means everything to me

She means everything to me.

Even though she didn't love (Y/N) back, Rebekah still meant everything to her.