𝙿𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚘𝚙𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚎-𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 19

☞︎︎︎𝑩𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅𝒚 𝑴𝒂𝒍𝒇𝒐𝒚☜︎︎︎

The normally blue skies were now a smooth navy, cloudless and clear in the dead of night. Not even the stars wanted to interrupt the tranquil scene, hiding in the deep blue. Down on earth, four students hurried across the grounds. Their quick feet and sharp breaths breaking the quiet of the night, alerting any lingering creature of their presence.

Four pairs of hands pounded harshly on the door of Hagrids hut, all eager to get inside and out of the cold winter night.

"Hagrid." Harry breathed as the bubbly, santa lookalike opened the wooden door.

"Oh hello. Sorry, don't mean to be rude but I'm in no state to entertain today." The man smiled, accentuating the man's rosy cheeks. The door began to close before the quartet and without thinking, they all spoke at once.

"We know about the Sorcerers Stone!"

Then man halted, the door freezing in its quest to shut the children out. Just as Hestia was sure that the man would shut them out, the door widened.

"Oh." Was all the man said before stalking into the house, allowing the group to enter. Hestia entered last, closing the door behind her. As soon as she did, she felt how heated the hut was. More so than normal. Swiftly, they began to dispose of their cloaks as Harry spoke.

"We think Snape's trying to steal it."

"Oh, you're not still going on about Snape are ye?" Hagrid asked, his back turned to the quartet. They all piled themselves onto two of the couches, getting comfortable.

"Hagrid, we know he's after the stone. We just don't know why." Harry exclaimed, sighing.

"Snape is one of the teachers protecting the stone. He's not about to steal it."

Harry and Ron, who were sharing a seat, looked at each other before speaking in sync again. "What?"

"That's what you said the other day, but we still find him rather suspicious." Hestia added. "There's no harm in checking."

The girl spoke softly and politely, careful not to be rude. After all, they did persist on entering his home despite him expressing that he was busy. All she wanted to do was help.

"Right. Come on now, I'm a bit preoccupied." He replied, clearly desperate to be rid of the group.

Just as Hestia stood up, ready to leave the man as he asked, Harry spoke.

"Wait, one of the teachers?"

"Of course, there are other things protecting the stone, aren't there? Spells, enchantments." Hermione smiled in realisation. Hestia pat the girls knee, proud of how her friends mind works. Hermione smiled brighter in response.

"Right you are. Waste of bloody time if ye ask me." Hagrid replied.

"Ain't noone gonna get past Fluffy. Not a soul knows how, except me and Dumbledore."

Hagrids dog, who's name Hestia wasn't aware of, began licking Ron's ear with its large tongue. Hestia grimaced at the sight, imagining how disgusting the feeling would be.

Suddenly, the sound of something tapping roughly against metal distracted the group from their conversation. Hagrid grabbed the object from inside a cauldron that hung over a fire. "Hothothothothot."

He quickly placed the heated object onto the table, the group following closely behind.

"Uh, Hagrid. What exactly is that?" Harry asked.

The group watched the egg with wide eyes, unable to tear them away from the object that shook on the table.

"That is erm.. Is erm.. Is.." The man stumbled over his words.

"I know what that is! But Hagrid, how did you get it?" Ron asked, finally ripping his eyes from the bronze egg.

Hestia had never seen anything like it. It was a beautiful bronze but when under light, it shone a lovely rose gold. The egg itself was covered in a criss-cross pattern, adding texture to the smooth surface.

"I won it, off a stranger I met down the pub. Seemed quite glad to be rid o' it as a matter o' fact." Hagrid explained, his eyebrows creasing together slightly as he recalled the strangers actions.

The egg rattle harder, shaking violently on the wooden table that the group crowded around before pieces of the egg shot at them. Hestia covered her face and crouched down, steering clear of the flying pieces. Once the coast was clear, the girl rose up to see a creature that Hestia had only dreamed of meeting.

"Is that.." Hermione trailed off.

"A dragon." Hestia confirmed. The girls heart stopped momentarily, her body freezing in shock.

"That's not just any dragon, it's a Norwegian Ridge back." Ron said, staring at the dragon with the same awed expression as Hestia.

The girl remembered that Ron's brother was studying dragons, which explained his extensive knowledge on the species.

"Oh Merlin!" The girl breathed.

Hermione saw the girl looking at the dragon with heart eyes and smiled. She remembered hearing Hestia speak to Ron about her love of dragons, something both the ginger and brunette shared.

"Isn't he beautiful?" Hagrid asked.

Hestia nodded vigorously. The dragon had pale green skin, string of gold streaking over his head and wings. He was a small thing, having just hatched from an egg, and it moved just like bambi. Stumbling over its large wings, it turned to Hagrid with wide, blue eyes.

"And look! He knows his mummy!" Hagrid choked, tears in his eyes. "Ello Norbert."

He scratched the dragon under its chin and the creature melted at the touch. Hestia moved her hand above the creature, looking to Hagrid for confirmation to touch it. He gave a small nod and Hestia didn't hesitate to softly stroke the dragon on its silky head. If dragons could smile, Norberts would be the brightest.

The dragon gave a little sneeze, accidentally lighting the end of Hagrids beard alight, flames licking his matted hair. The man pat the fire down, slightly panicked.

"He'll have to be trained up a bit of course!"

The trio gave each other a weird look, though Hestia was too busy playing with the baby dragon. The girl was in heaven, dancing on the clouds, too busy in her own fantasy land to care about anything else. She didn't even notice the face in the window behind her, peering at the group from the outside. Though, she could feel the shift in energy around her. She could feel everyone's expressions fall, causing her to return to earth.

"Malfoy." Harry growled.

_
Hello!

Sorry that updates have been a bit slower.

Anyways, I wanted to ask if people are getting notifications when I post? If not, that's fine. I just wanted to be aware is all.

How are you? Are you having a good day?

I genuinely forgot water existed lmao whoops

All my love <3