"his ankle looks messed up.." chan muttered, looking up and flashing a look of worry to minho making him wince from getting a glimpse of it.

"i think it's sprained. it's swollen and really red." seungmin didn't even have to look long to figure he was right. "it's already starting to bruise and turn purple."

"shit.. okay well, we should at least ice it for now." minho said, going to get up to his kitchen to get some.

right as he began to stand up, jisung gripped onto him tighter. he didn't let him even get a foot on the ground before he buried his head further in the crook of his neck, accidentally letting a sob slip his mouth.

this instantly made minho's eyes fill with a sadness as he settled himself back down, a hand ghosting over jisung's back before he finally placed it down.

"it's okay, i can go get it." chan softly smiled in reassurance, before standing and going to get some ice from the kitchen.

while he left and seungmin went to check the other leg for injuries, minho tried to figure out how to actually comfort somebody.

whenever something happened with the boys, he wasn't the usual option for comfort.

no one would ever really go to minho, the would turn to chan or even seungmin. if something happened with felix, he would turn to changbin.

so minho wasn't used to comforting people.

he didn't know how.

he hesitated for a moment before brought up his hand from jisung's back, and placed it on the boy's head.

"hey, hey.. you're alright. i'm not leaving." he whispered to him, hand patting jisung's head softly.

he could feel the cold tears running down his neck, sliding down and dampening his hoodie from where jisung's face was buried.

he didn't mind it though.

the patting of his hand soon transformed into minho running it through jisung's hair.

his strokes were slight and hesitant at first, but then became more confident as he continued to run his hand through.

minho soon felt the tight grip jisung had on him slowly loosen, and heard his crying subsiding slightly. minho continued to play with his hair to calm him.

"this ankle is fine." seungmin's voice broke minho out of thought, watching as seungmin rolled the other pant leg back down from seeing that he wasn't hurt there.

"the only problem we face now is that he's probably hurt on his stomach if he was beaten. and seeing how he is now, he probably won't let us check.." he commented, seeing the way jisung was still clinging onto minho, and how he hadn't said anything to anyone else.

chan had come back into the room with ice in a plastic bag. he wrapped the outside of it with paper towel so it wouldn't freeze jisung's skin. "here, i brought the ice." he sat at the edge of the bed where jisung's hurt ankle was.

he went to gently put it on him, but jisung immediately moved away- moving his leg up closer to his body and away from chan and seungmin in a split second.

"jisung.. it'll help you feel better." chan could barely see the boy's eyes. all he could see was one of them because his face was squished into minho, and his arm was hiding the rest of his face since he was grabbing onto minho.

all chan could see was how he was scared, and he knew he was in a lot of pain.

"here," suddenly minho interrupted. he used his free hand to take the bag of ice from chan's hand, and offered it to jisung. "why don't you put it on yourself?"