"Then it's up to me to avoid that." Aether said.

"That sound terrible." Paimon shook her head.

"Come one, let's not be impulsive. Why don't we figure out the origin of this symbol first." Xiwangmu said, gathering their attention.

"The one the suspected criminal left behind... Oh!" Paimon suddenly exclaimed. They all looked at the floating child. "Paimon has a sneaking suspicion that Kaeya will know something about it..."

'I'm sure he does.' Xiwangmu thought inside her head. Like mentioned, she goes to Mondstadt for wine and such and sees Kaeya at the tavern quite often.... sometimes too often and she wonders if he actually does his job.

The two left leaving the other two adeptis alone.

"I'm sure you know where we're going Xiao."

"I do. But we'll follow them for the time being."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They finally made it to the treasure hoarders tent. There were two there.

"Sorry pal, wrong way." Treasure Hoarder 1 said. "Wherever you think you're going is that way."

"But isn't that the way to Liyue Harbor?" Paimon asked.

"Right. Here is nowhere. So the other way is Liyue Harbor."

"If you're looking for somewhere to stay, I suggest you go to Wangshu Inn. Fair prices, great customer service, and a wonderful view." Treasure Hoarder 2 said.

'What is up with that hat? It looks horrible on him. And he sounds like he's advertising Wangshu Inn...' Xiwangmu cringed.

"Show us the anonymous letter." Aether said straightforwardly.

"How do you know about the letter?" 1 said.

"Uh... one of Liyue's adeptis told us about it!"
A/N: (Remember, they don't know you're an adeptus.)

"Did they now? I somehow doubt that."

Xiao and Xiwangmu watched from the sidelines. Until Xiao walked over to them. Leaving Xiwangmu to watch.

"You should not doubt it. It was I who sent them here to investigate." Xiao walked over to the group. "Any further questions, you may direct to me." He crossed his arms like the boss he is.

Paimon screamed. "Did you just appear out of thin air!?"

"That's an adeptus for you." Aether said after, unfazed. And seemed expecting of it.

"You're the vigilant yaksha!?" Seemed 1 was named Bei'er.

"Hey! Watch your tone of voice! Or do you seriously want to pick a fight with an adeptus?" Paimon crossed her arms as well.

"Uh, okay. It's not that we don't believe you're an adeptus, it's just... everyone needs to look at the bigger picture here."

'Does he not believe he's an adeptus because he's short or something? Not wise...' She shook her head in disappointment.

"As you all know, we Treasure Hoarders are no serious threat to anyone. We're petty criminals, that's all."

"So if you are truly an adeptus, please... show us some mercy, would you?" They took out their weapons.

"Of course, if it turns out you're not a real adeptus..."

"Then please, don't blame our weapons for treating everyone equally..."